Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordQ

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
So, according to 9to5Mac's post
Apple plans for iOS 8 to include an application codenamed “Healthbook.” The software will be capable of monitoring and storing fitness statistics such as steps taken, calories burned, and miles walked. Furthermore, the app will have the ability to manage and track weight loss.

The application will be able to track a person’s blood pressure, hydration levels, heart rate, and potentially several other blood-related data points, such as glucose levels, according to our sources.

The software is also programmed to allow users to enter details about their medications so that they could be reminded to take pills at scheduled times.

The “Healthbook” application is said to take multiple user interface cues from Apple’s own Passbook app, which is software for storing loyalty cards, coupons, and other materials normally stored in physical wallets.

The new health and fitness application’s interface is a stack of cards that can be easily swiped between. Each card represents a different fitness or health data point. The prototype logo for “Healthbook” is similar to Passbook’s icon, but it is adorned with graphics representing vital signs.

I decided to make a mockup of the App, what do you guys think? :D

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    499.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • iPhone-5S-3-colors-Mock-up.png
    iPhone-5S-3-colors-Mock-up.png
    563.3 KB · Views: 857
  • hb.png
    hb.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The icon reminds me of Stocks. I like the app though. The status bar needs to match the iOS 7 design though. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, you're right about it being the same as Passbook.

Last edited:

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
No transparency and too much info on the cards for at a glance doesn't make it fit with the design language of iOS 7. It'll be interesting to see if Apple take the concept of Passbook and swap out contents and call it Healthbook or design something fresh.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
So, according to 9to5Mac's post

I decided to make a mockup of the App, what do you guys think? :D

I like you mock ups - think they're a good looking health apps. My only point to make is the icon. The best image of a normal ECG is here.
Schematic-diagram-of-normal-sinus-rhythm-for-a-human-heart-as-seen-on-ECG-Wikipedia-free-to-use.png
ignoring the key! you can see it has 5 main components - P, Q, R,S and T with normally no downstroke after the T. Sorry to point this out (it's my only minor criticism of the whole thing and I'm going for a simplified version of the whole thing) but as a doctor it would drive me nuts!

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I like you mock ups - think they're a good looking health apps. My only point to make is the icon. The best image of a normal ECG is here. ignoring the key! you can see it has 5 main components - P, Q, R,S and T with normally no downstroke after the T. Sorry to point this out (it's my only minor criticism of the whole thing and I'm going for a simplified version of the whole thing) but as a doctor it would drive me nuts!

Here's my attempt at redesigning the icon based on an actual ECG.

It also lines up with Apple's grid :D

Healthbook.png

Healthbook Grid.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.