Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

compressor.png
Apple has updated its Compressor encoding app to version 4.4.1, fixing a number of reliability and stability issues. Compressor is used to encode video files for posting to websites like YouTube and Vimeo, burning to DVD or Blu-ray, and more.
What's new in Compressor Version 4.1.1

o Resolves issues installing Compressor on a system where Qmaster was previously enabled
o Improves reliability of Send to Compressor from Final Cut Pro X
o Addresses distributed encoding errors when source files are not on the startup volume
o Fixes errors that could cause a hang when submitting a batch
o Fixes a stability issue that could occur if multiple Compressor plug-ins are installed
o Resolves an issue when viewing a plug-in setting without the plug-in installed
o Includes general stability improvements
Compressor is available for $49.99 on the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Compressor Updated With Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Most of my Final Cut issues seem to stem from Maverick's server bugs as anything else...

jjemin

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul, Korea
Finally Bootcamp support for Macs with Nvidia chipset is ceased....

Time to change my late 2008 macbook pro!!!

Just hope my old macbook pro to support 10.10 lol :D

kylefarris

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2014
Thanks goodness! The old compressor was so ugly and old-school and the new one just simply didn't work on either of my machines because I had Qmaster configured (and, surprisingly, working).

After I updated to 4.1 I couldn't get a single batch to finish. Not even a single file/single output batch. It was so buggy. In fact, I think I've experienced every bug they fixed in this real ease. It is a good day indeed.

WallToWallMacs

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
I wish they would make it 100% 64bit because right now compressord (the service that does the compression) is still 32bit which really limits performance compared to the latest 64bit ffmpeg/x264 builds.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
I wish they would make it 100% 64bit because right now compressord (the service that does the compression) is still 32bit which really limits performance compared to the latest 64bit ffmpeg/x264 builds.

Really? That's actually surprising... Video compression is something that would benefit from 64-bit a lot more than something like Calendar or Contacts will. Yet they're 64-bit...

sundragon

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Quicksync?

Hi Apple... How about implementing Intel's Quicksync technology?

Handbrake on Windows has it working pretty well on their beta. It would be nice to have the platform so many people use for video to utilize the built in chipset enhancement that's existed since 2011...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.