Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
That is gorgeous and shockingly thin. Are we seeing more frequent leaks because of a possible May launch?

Phonzoxd

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2013
Must be a new ipod.

Why?

Because the back doesnt have the 2 plastic bars like the 5 and 5S for the antennaes.

However since the look of the ipods usually match the iphone, maybe we can get an idea.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
If this is legitimate, I love the iPad Air-esque look. And it looks superb in silver.

sherwinzadeh

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Controlled Leak

It's called a "controlled leak". Mobile World Congress, where Samsung is expected to announce the S5 is in two weeks.

Freshmixture

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
Coeur d Alene, ID
Being that the back looks like the current iPads/iPod Touches, seems legit...ish. The iPhone is due for a "all new design" right? That's if we follow the history, aka iPhone 4.

zkjel

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
I thought it might be a new iPod but if you look at the full album on twitter there is a sim card slot! Fingers crossed it is the real thing!

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
Apple is going to obliterate Android and Samsung if they release a 4.7 - 5.0 device

**** yes I want it!!! my body is god damned ready

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Must be a new ipod.

Why?

Because the back doesnt have the 2 plastic bars like the 5 and 5S for the antennaes.

However since the look of the ipods usually match the iphone, maybe we can get an idea.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The first item I looked for were antenna windows, though this assumes that the parts are metal and not plastic.

I think this is a next-generation iPod touch.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
It looks real... because it looks just like the 5s. Apple is pretty conservative in the design/innovation field.

Well, Apple is conservative once they get a design that serves the functionality beautifully. Just looks at the iMac. They thinned down a machine that doesn't need to be thin but it looked fantastic as always.

Innovation is another argument.

I think with Touch ID, improved camera, new rounded back monotone design with a large bezel-less retina display and software optimizations that take advantage of a slightly larger screen... there you go, a great upgrade from an iPhone 5/c/4/s below and many Android phones.

May not be a complete change but hey, any upgrade that improves what I already got and gives me more to see.. I'm down.

jb007clone

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2006
This looks pretty legit. Both slate & champagne models. Could possibly be a new iPod Touch BUT there's a sim tray in one of the pics. Looks impossibly thin, but not outside of the realm for Apple. This very well may be it.

wlad

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
London
Somehow it looks legit but it looks like it could go on mass production tomorrow and I was expecting this phone to launch in September, it can't be an iPod either, no point in having a huge screen like that for an iPod, so ... I'm really confused right now. :confused:

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
So where are the antennas exactly?

Part of the frame. But this looks more like an iPod since there is no window for the signal to come out unless they've invented some new aluminum that can somehow act as a window..

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I must say, I hate the asymmetrical bezel.

I don't like that either. Who knows how accurate these are. I remember last year there were photos of a gold iPad mini with touch id floating around which never turned out to be true. But the photos looked very realistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.