Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks.png
Apple today seeded build 13C59 of OS X 10.9.2 to developers, marking the sixth beta iteration of 10.9.2.

The release comes roughly a week after the fifth OS X 10.9.2 beta, build 13C53, and nearly two months after the first OS X 10.9.2 beta.

The update is available to registered developers through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

Apple continues to ask developers to focus on mail, messages, graphics drivers, VoiceOver, VPN, and SMB2. Earlier betas of OS X 10.9.2 began allowing Mac users to block people on iMessage and FaceTime, as can be done in iOS 7, and also introduced FaceTime Audio.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 to Developers

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Mac pro 4k graphics driver evolvements regarding some of the until now unsupported displays?

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Looking forward to the public release of this. Even more i want an iOS update to stop the crashes.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Rawr! I just hope these long beta's will be over soon.

Mavericks is in better shape than iOS 7, but it's still got a bunch of nasty quirks.

Nobita

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
La la land
I just want them to fix Mail for once and for all.

I'll give them an easy hint: copy the code to handle the back end from iOS. It all works perfectly over there.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This update killed iCloud and is causing huge headaches. I am getting repeated popups of "messages agent warns to use the "login" keychain. Please enter the keychain password." "Accountsd wants to use the login keychain," "CalendarAgent wants to use the login keychain" etc. but every time I enter the password it does not recognize it. I cannot do anything to get these popups to go away, even if I hit cancel.

What's going on??

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I am very heartened to see SMB2 on the list of things they're focusing testing on. Word on the street is that 10.9.2 will finally fix the serious SMBD problems that have been causing me headaches to no end with my Windows users, which I'm desperately hoping is true.

I don't want it to ship until it's ready, but that can't happen soon enough.

Mr-Stabby

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
Yes, I'm aware it's a beta. I'm a developer and have used OS X and iOS betas for year. Just think it's a particular strange bug his late in the process.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

We've experienced that bug since 10.9.0. It's a really irritating problem because as you say, no password you put in seems to make it go away. The only way to fix it is to delete certain folders in the Keychain Library folder. It was actually specifically listed as fixed in 10.9.1, but for us it actually got worse in 10.9.1.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle

I'll give them an easy hint: copy the code to handle the back end from iOS. It all works perfectly over there.

Up until the last beta that came out last week, Mail had been a bit of a disaster, but since then my mail has actually been synching (gmail), and no more having to restart Mail for new mail to come in (every now and then). So it looks to me like Apple is at least getting a hand on it (so far).

WallToWallMacs

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014

Just a quick question, I haven't had an problems but I'm wondering are the problems exclusively to Gmail or are these issues effecting everyone regardless of the protocol and service provider being used?

pachalt515

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
new rating system in App Store?

There looks to be a new app rating system by the name of the app. If you click it, it tells you about each rating and the age appropriate for that app.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 8.00.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 8.00.05 PM.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 255

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
There looks to be a new app rating system by the name of the app. If you click it, it tells you about each rating and the age appropriate for that app.

You are quite right. I don't believe this is exclusive to 10.9.2, though? I haven't got the ability to check, since my computer runs 13C59, but the Mac App Store build number hasn't got up.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
This update killed iCloud and is causing huge headaches. I am getting repeated popups of "messages agent warns to use the "login" keychain. Please enter the keychain password." "Accountsd wants to use the login keychain," "CalendarAgent wants to use the login keychain" etc. but every time I enter the password it does not recognize it. I cannot do anything to get these popups to go away, even if I hit cancel.

What's going on??

Try repairing your keychain with the Keychain Access's First Aid. I haven't seen this at all.

Just a quick question, I haven't had an problems but I'm wondering are the problems exclusively to Gmail or are these issues effecting everyone regardless of the protocol and service provider being used?

It depends on which issue, the app not retrieving new emails is regardless of email provider but the rest are generally exclusive to Gmail.

Once I moved to Fastmail, I never had any issues in Mail.app. I've since moved to MailMate since it was faster and lighter than Mail.app.

plasticphyte

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2009

What's going on??

Also happens on 10.9.1. I've usually fixed it by deleting ~/Library/Keychains folder and its contents, logging the user out, then logging back in again, and following on screen prompts. This doesn't always work though.

As much as I love keychain, I also loathe it.

You are quite right. I don't believe this is exclusive to 10.9.2, though? I haven't got the ability to check, since my computer runs 13C59, but the Mac App Store build number hasn't got up.

The Mac App Store build number doesn't necessarily have to increase in order for changes to the App store to be implemented, as it's really nothing more than a fancy front end for a website.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Never upgraded to it and downgraded several clients after they mistakenly updated to it.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013

It's there in 10.9.1, but it's probably a coincidence that it is added since then (if it wasn't there already).

OT-Mac

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Try repairing your keychain with the Keychain Access's First Aid. I haven't seen this at all.

It depends on which issue, the app not retrieving new emails is regardless of email provider but the rest are generally exclusive to Gmail.

Once I moved to Fastmail, I never had any issues in Mail.app. I've since moved to MailMate since it was faster and lighter than Mail.app.

Actually, the main bug in Mail for most corporate users is that it is no longer compatible with Exchange. To be specific, it can no longer handle the public folders that an exchange server (or in our case a Kerio Mail Server) provides. At least in 10.9.1 you can no longer unsubscribe from public folders meaning that osx mail starts downloading the entire mail servers public folders. Try doing that from an SSD based mac when your organisation has terabytes of public folder mail... Apple had only just managed to get it right in 10.8... And now it's useless. This leaves our mail system in chaos. MS Outlook for Mac has bugs that auto delete mails randomly, and can't deal with signature files correctly, besides having a horrible search implementation. Now OSX Mail is non functional. That doesn't leave us with any options as most other mac email clients do not support public folders at all.

Please, tell me that this version of the beta fixes this!

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Actually, the main bug in Mail for most corporate users is that it is no longer compatible with Exchange. To be specific, it can no longer handle the public folders that an exchange server (or in our case a Kerio Mail Server) provides. At least in 10.9.1 you can no longer unsubscribe from public folders meaning that osx mail starts downloading the entire mail servers public folders. Try doing that from an SSD based mac when your organisation has terabytes of public folder mail... Apple had only just managed to get it right in 10.8... And now it's useless. This leaves our mail system in chaos. MS Outlook for Mac has bugs that auto delete mails randomly, and can't deal with signature files correctly, besides having a horrible search implementation. Now OSX Mail is non functional. That doesn't leave us with any options as most other mac email clients do not support public folders at all.

Please, tell me that this version of the beta fixes this!

Yea, I wouldn't know anything about Exchange, we don't use it at work.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005

What's going on??

Holy CRAP...!!! They still have not fixed this problem...? This started back in 10.9.0... That shows how bad Apple QC is...

Here's a solution:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5362?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.