Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rovio today tweeted a teaser image of an upcoming Angry Birds game, which it calls "a big adventure with new birds." Many of the games in Rovio's ultra popular Angry Birds series have utilized the same group of birds introduced in the original game, each of which has its own special ability.

angrybirds.png
While the company has added some new birds and modified existing birds for select games like Angry Birds Star Wars, today's tweet hints at some all new birds for the next Angry Birds game.

Aside from revealing new birds, Rovio's teaser is short on information. It is not clear when the company plans to release its newest game, except for a vague "coming soon" announcement.
Big adventure with new birds coming soon! #NewAngryBirds  pic.twitter.com/DWdZ7fBrXq - Angry Birds (@AngryBirds) February 12, 2014
Rovio's Angry Birds series has been wildly successful, garnering tens of millions of downloads and spawning an entire line of merchandise. The company has thus far released eight variations of the original Angry Birds game that debuted in 2009.

Article Link: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds 'Adventure' Game With New Bird Characters

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Hopefully none of them are as stupid as the "rocket bird".

That thing is enough to make me not bother with the thing anymore.

noslenam

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Hmmm, my guess is that the soon will coincide with the rumored New Apple TV! Great little and popular game to show a new AppStore and the game capabilities of the aTV4.

Could be way off but I would sure love to see this happen soon! :)

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Beat whatever the original free one is on the App Store about a month ago, 3 stars on each level in ~2 days of casual playing.

It has potential, but are they all just ridiculously easy?

#yolo #new #classic #originalbirds #newflappy?!? #outoffashion #doa #ipas #borednowofbeingsatirical

#2meta4me

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
To unlock new bird for 5 minutes $.99 or wait 12 hours.

Or more likely: buy a game in December 2009 for $.99 and get free, consistent updates right up to the present day. I can't see how that's a bad thing.

Moan all you like, but Angry Birds is reasonably priced and isn't at all aggressive with IAP. And although I haven't played the more recent AB game, I can't recall having to buy any IAPs to progress.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
The movie Rio 2 is due out in April. Possibly that version of angry birds because promo stuff for rio 2 has already started.
Shot of some of the birds in it off imdb:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm258137344/tt2357291

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Or more likely: buy a game in December 2009 for $.99 and get free, consistent updates right up to the present day. I can't see how that's a bad thing.

Moan all you like, but Angry Birds is reasonably priced and isn't at all aggressive with IAP. And although I haven't played the more recent AB game, I can't recall having to buy any IAPs to progress.

Maybe you should try the latest ones before that comment? :)

The angry birds go is one of the examples.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Maybe you should try the latest ones before that comment? :)

The angry birds go is one of the examples.

And what part of that game are you required to use IAPs to progress through the game or have a reasonable experience?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.