Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pagal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

I have a number of older emulators that I won't be using anymore now that I've started using OpenEmu. Can I move my data from other saved games into OpenEmu? Where would I move them, and how would I do this?

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
Depends on the core. I had previous VisualBoyAdvance saves from PC and they were compatible. Just find the right folder from user/library/application support

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
Moving saves between OpenEmu installations?

Sorry to hijack, but is there a way to move saves between OpenEmu installs on different machines? I moved the files and the entire OpenEmu package, but the saves didn't transfer over. Thanks.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
Yes it's totally possible. Did you use the same emulator cores on both macs? Did you find the save files from application support?

attila

macrumors 6502a
I can confirm it does, indeed, work! IF you are using the same cores in both your emulators.

For example, NDS4IOS uses DeSmuME, which is the same as the main Nintendo DS core in OpenEMU.
(to check which core(s) are loaded into OpenEMU, just go into the OpenEMU preferences)

So I moved the .dsv file of my game from NDS4IOS into the save files folder of the core of OpenEMU.

In the case of DeSmuME, it's in:

Code:
/username/Library/ApplicationSupport/OpenEMU/DeSmuME/Battery Saves

Then I just booted the game in OpenEMU and bingo!

Last edited:

Rarson

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I can confirm it does, indeed, work! IF you are using the same cores in both your emulators.

For example, NDS4IOS uses DeSmuME, which is the same as the main Nintendo DS core in OpenEMU.
(to check which core(s) are loaded into OpenEMU, just go into the OpenEMU preferences)

So I moved the .dsv file of my game from NDS4IOS into the save files folder of the core of OpenEMU.

In the case of DeSmuME, it's in:

Code:
/username/Library/ApplicationSupport/OpenEMU/DeSmuME/Battery Saves

Then I just booted the game in OpenEMU and bingo!
Hi,

I have a number of older emulators that I won't be using anymore now that I've started using OpenEmu. Can I move my data from other saved games into OpenEmu? Where would I move them, and how would I do this?

So I also am playing Pokemon on open emu on Mac and am trying to use an egglocke file, anyone know a tutorial for that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.