Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluemonkey

macrumors regular
Original poster
I listen to my iPod for several hours a day, but when I'm finished listening for now, the iPod goes into it's sock and into my briefcase or my pocket. What about the headphones? With the mini I just sold, I would wind them around the belt clip, but now I have a 30GB iPod photo and Apple's in-ear headphones. Do I put them back into their plastic case every time or is there a better way to do this? This may seem like a stupid question, but I'm sure someone else has been curious about this. If not, then I get to be a pioneer in the field of stupid iPod related questions.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
After buying my Shure E3cs, I used their little case for about 3 days before getting completely fed up with it. Now, they just get stuffed into my bag with the iPod.

Too. Much. Clutter.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
My B&O's go in their case, which then slips nicely into my pocket.

With the Apple ones, I'd just wind them around the 'pod. Of course, that's why I went through a number of pairs of them. ;)

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
I use them to listen to music?

At work and thats about it. I bring mine home with me in case I need them on my computer at home. Not usually though.

But yeah I use my headphones as listening devices.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I need a job... you people w/ your nice earphones.

I neatly wind/roll/fold the ones that Apple shipped w/ my nano in my makeshift nano case:
altoids.jpg

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
bluemonkey said:
I'm mainly asking about storage, here. I used to wind mine around the 'pod and stuff it into my bag, but that seems to be pretty hard on them. Should I just use the plastic case that came with the in-ear headphones or what?

I'm doing the same. I don't care if it's hard for the headphones, the original iPod headphones are medium quality anyway and I'm looking forward to buy headphones from Sennheiser..

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
bluemonkey said:
devilot - does that keep your ears minty fresh?
jsw said:
Perhaps they are simply curiously strong.
Sigh... jokers, all jokers... all of MR is a big ol' laugh fest, eh? :p I'll have you know, I thoroughly cleaned that little tin at least three times before placing my nano (w/ it protective 'sticker' thing and a protective iKlear cloth around it) into the altoids tin! Hmph. ;)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
watcher2001 said:
I know the nano is small, but please tell me it is bigger than an altoids tin. :confused:

BTW I just wrap my headphones around the iPod.
No, I honestly use an altoids tin as a case for my nano. My bf wouldn't believe me either so I proposed; "Get me a nano and I'll prove it to you." :D I love my propositions!

:edit: I'll post some pics... just to get all doubt outta your mind.
IMG_1897.jpg

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
devilot76 said:
No, I honestly use an altoids tin as a case for my nano.
What a great idea and just in time too! I was about to throw away a tin. Now all I need is the nano to go in it. ;)

B

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
balamw said:
What a great idea and just in time too! I was about to throw away a tin. Now all I need is the nano to go in it. ;)

B
That's sort of what happened w/ me, too... I have tons of these empty tins laying around and my bf likes to purge everything. He wanted me throw them all out, and then I said I was saving them for a nano at which point, well, I already explained how he didn't believe they'd fit. :p

watcher2001

macrumors 6502a
devilot76 said:
No, I honestly use an altoids tin as a case for my nano. My bf wouldn't believe me either so I proposed; "Get me a nano and I'll prove it to you." :D I love my propositions!

:edit: I'll post some pics... just to get all doubt outta your mind.
IMG_1897.jpg
All I can say is WOW.. That is just too incredibly cool. I can see creating a niche market by painting and embellishing altoid tins as iPod nano cases(My wife is the crafty type) . If it is as succesful as I hope I may cut you a percentage.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
watcher2001 said:
All I can say is WOW.. That is just too incredibly cool. I can see creating a niche market by painting and embellishing altoid tins as iPod nano cases(My wife is the crafty type) . If it is as succesful as I hope I may cut you a percentage.
Muahaha, not if I start selling pretty modified tins first! I was thinking about doing that though... gotta love that Modge podge.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Very, very cool devilot.

Makes me wish I still had a Nano, or at least something cool to put my 5th Gen in!!

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I just wrap them around my Nano, doesnt help with scratching but what the hell....:eek:

Shadow

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I've got a 4th Gen iPod with the 'normal' Apple headphones and a remote that came with a 3rd Gen one. I fold them up neatly into either the little black pouch thing (that came wth the 3G i think) or into an iPod Sock. My iPod lives in either an iSkin or another one of the iPod Socks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.