Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks.png
Apple today seeded build 13C62 of OS X 10.9.2 to developers, marking the seventh beta iteration of 10.9.2. The release comes five days after the sixth OS X 10.9.2 beta, build 13C59, and nearly two months after the first OS X 10.9.2 beta.

The update is available to registered developers through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and should be appearing in the Mac Dev Center soon.

Apple continues to ask developers to focus on mail, messages, graphics drivers, VoiceOver, VPN, and SMB2. Earlier betas of OS X 10.9.2 began allowing Mac users to block people on iMessage and FaceTime, as can be done in iOS 7, and also introduced FaceTime Audio.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 Build 13C62 to Developers

stukdog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
So many beta releases. It's almost like they're just beta testing their new beta delivery software. :)

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Apple continues to ask developers to focus on mail, messages, graphics drivers, VoiceOver, VPN, and SMB2.

I hope performance issues and the general bugginess of Mavericks is addressed sometime soon.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The last update caused iCloud and Keychain to go crazy, prompting login popups for many keychain access options that would not go away. Also, System Preferences froze if I attempted to view iCloud settings, and Safari froze immediately upon startup every time, rendering Safari unusable.

This morning, I did a clean install back to OS X 10.9.1. Don't think I'll be updating to 10.9.2 until the public release..which is a shame.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
The last update caused iCloud and Keychain to go crazy, prompting login popups for many keychain access options that would not go away. Also, System Preferences froze if I attempted to view iCloud settings, and Safari froze immediately upon startup every time, rendering Safari unusable.

This morning, I did a clean install back to OS X 10.9.1. Don't think I'll be updating to 10.9.2 until the public release..which is a shame.

Didn't experience any of those issues on my MBP.

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
Loving that they are actually working out all the bugs and keep polishing before a final release.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
The betas are getting more frequent. Public release should be coming soon, and I haven't seen any of the initial beta bugs on the latest releases, so they seem stable at least for me.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Last weeks build was the most stable version of OS X I've ever had in the last 6-7 years. Almost tempted to just stay right here lol.

Who am I kidding, downloading as I type.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Can anyone verify whether or not this update fixes VoiceOver in Garageband seeing the Smart Controls as an empty cell?

I have a visually impaired student in my recording class who can do lots of stuff in garageband, but can't change the settings for his instruments.

WallToWallMacs

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
I hope performance issues and the general bugginess of Mavericks is addressed sometime soon.

Given the number of builds they're putting out they must have received some 'constructive feedback' from 'disgruntled customers' because the experience at least with the Mail.app and Exchange has been less than reliable to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.