Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spoccka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
I've had my Macbook Pro now for a while, running lion and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete a sticky from the desktop. The 'delete' function only deletes highlighted text.

I'm fairly sure I'm being an idiot, please help me.

lostwithamac

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
What box at the top left? All I have is an arrow in either top corner, this is for sticky expansion.

Still have no idea how to delete and unwanted sticky.
Any ideas?

Thanks

----------

Ok, I have got it now - I have to right click!
Problem solved.

Tiki35

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
Nanoose Bay, BC, Canada
This problem arises because now in Lion you can resize any window from all four corners. Just click in the upper left hand corner (it will change to a two headed arrow) and then you will be given box to save or don't save etc

tobytaylor

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
How do you delete stickies

I had the same problem using OSX 10.6.8. Pressing alt reveals a cross at top left-hand corner. Click on that and away it goes.
Click dashboard and the + will give you the same effect.

Last edited:

HappyJoe

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2009
...and now for something some people might find unnerving...

A ghostly reminder of how things used to be... Try as I might, right-click on top left didn't work for me... but Control-click did!

Ctrl-click for context menus used to be the precursor to right-click before Apple discovered two-button mice. This is the first time that I have had to resort to it in my 5 years of Mac use. Anybody else heard this call from antiquity?

Fritzie

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2014
Command W, then . . .

Command W and then you get a dialog box: "Are you sure you want to discard this Stickies note?"

PandaBearSam

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2014
T delete a sticky just hold down the command key and click on the left corner of the stick and it should delete by its self

SPiNY

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2014
LA
Deleting Stickies

I'm new to OSX so learning lots and lots...OSX Lion

Stickies...
Firstly, there are two types of Stickie

1. On the desktop - created through launchpad
2. On the dashboard - Widget created

Both delete with different methods.

1. As previously described click top left
2. Hold down 'option' key and 'x' appears in widget that has mouse pointer over it. ( Works for all widgets

tyleryew8088

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2015
How to deleted stickies

/Users/Carmen/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 11.56.41 PM.png
hi guys i also facing a problem like this..have solution..please help..!!

KWinklerYGS

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2015
Lancaster PA
I'm on Macbook Pro. On OS X Yosemite. I have been using stickie notes for about a year and currently have about 50 of them. I cannot delete these notes. I've tried top left/doublearrow/"Don'tSave" and the note disappears but when I close out "Stickies" and re-open the note is there still. Does ANYONE have an answer/remedy?

I've also tried Command W, just another way to get to the same "Don't Save" button. I'd love to rid myself and my desktop of these Stickie Notes. Anyone?

jamebridge

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2015
I've had my Macbook Pro now for a while, running lion and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete a sticky from the desktop. The 'delete' function only deletes highlighted text.

I'm fairly sure I'm being an idiot, please help me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.