Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Hatters gotta hate. Heaven forfend Apple spend four whole days to make sure they get it right.

Heaven forbid Apple to fix vulnerabilities as soon as they can instead of waiting to bundle several updates at once several weeks down the line.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Finally! Now we can wait for 10.9.3!
Woooo!!

If you're this enthusiastic about operating system updates, you should move to Windows. You'll be whooping with joy almost every 6 hours ;)

(I appreciate your comment may have been sarcastic)

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
This incident reminds me why I never do banking or purchasing at coffee shops or public hotspots. Only at home, locked and trusted networks of people I know, or on LTE. Because you never know what someone might come up with next!

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Hatters gotta hate. Heaven forfend Apple spend four whole days to make sure they get it right.

With a weekend in between.

Same people complaining usually can't do or manage their own %#$# on time.

Typical Me generation issue.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
This incident reminds me why I never do banking or purchasing at coffee shops or public hotspots. Only at home, locked and trusted networks of people I know, or on LTE. Because you never know what someone might come up with next!

It is a poor idea to connect any computer, including a Mac, to any shared public WIFI.

The end.

AMDeeb

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2013
Lebanon
God, I hope it fixes the most annoying Safari bug where it loads a random page without finishing typing the URL.

I assume that you are talking about the new feature.

You can disable it by going to Safari>Preferences>Privacy>Do not preload Top Hit in the background

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
God I hope it fixes the issue with Microsoft Silverlight on Netflix where it stops streaming in HD (I doubt it) and also Apple TV needs a update where it fixes Netflix from snapping back to SD.

Both of your issues seem to be network related. Slowing down back to HD. Check your network?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Does this flaw apply to Mountain Lion? If so, have they patched it, the same way they patched iOS 6?

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Perhaps with a fix that caused some other issues or something like that, right?

No, as an immediate security patch, not a wait and bundle it with other fixes patch. This shouldn't have required four days more testing than the iOS version, especially given the simplicity of the mistake.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
There is an update for safari for lion and mountain lion too, but I don't think the goto fail ssl bug is there. I tested safari on mountain lion and it wasn't a problem.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
WTF, my MBA 2013 doesnt go sleep mode after pressing Power button o_O
My cMBP doesn't enter sleep mode either. Looks like they got rid of that "feature".

In fact, the power button doesn't do much of anything anymore. The box giving you the SLEEP RESTART SHUT DOWN options no longer appears when you press it.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Heaven forbid Apple to fix vulnerabilities as soon as they can instead of waiting to bundle several updates at once several weeks down the line.

Several weeks? You mean a few days, right? Literally one or two business days, I believe.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Both of your issues seem to be network related. Slowing down back to HD. Check your network?

I have trust me I even called my ISP they tell me there is nothing wrong I complained to Netflix and tell me it is my ISP I tell my ISP they say it is Netflix and keep on going around in circles:mad:

SO ONE IS BEING A DICK AND NEED S TO ADMIT WHO IS AT FAULT!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.