Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

attlogo.png
AT&T today announced plans to add unlimited international messaging to all of its Mobile Share and Mobile Share Value plans, allowing customers in the United States to send international messages as part of their existing plans, with no additional cost. Text, picture, and video messages are all included.
On Friday, February 28, all AT&T Mobile Share and Mobile Share Value plans will now include unlimited international messaging from the U.S. to the world. AT&T consumer and business Mobile Share customers can send unlimited text, picture and video messages. Current Mobile Share and Mobile Share Value customers will automatically benefit from this offer.
AT&T is also deploying a new World Connect Value international calling package, which offers one cent per minute calls from the United States to more than 35 countries including Canada, Mexico, and several other locations in Latin America and the Caribbean. The add-on, which is available to all AT&T wireless postpaid customers, costs $5 per month.

AT&T's new unlimited international messaging follows Verizon's recent introduction of new More Everything plans that also include unlimited international messaging.

Both the World Connect Value plan and the unlimited international messaging will be available beginning on Friday, February 28.

Article Link: AT&T Adds Unlimited International Messaging to Mobile Share Plans

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
They really need to get rid of extra charges for texts and calls between the US and Canada.

I mean, why should it cost extra to call our hat???

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I am still on AT&T and very much appreciate these little extras. Last month I changed to the new share plan that lowered my bill while increasing my cap to 10gig.

I am still angry with the double month bill when I upgraded to my 5s and still not sure if I will renew when my two years are up. But that is a long way off and if the competition continues to heat up, I am sure there will be a lot more surprises between now and then.

October 2015, I have you circled on my calendar!

man3ster

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
Oligopoly

The truth is, these plans are still bad. Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile all have terrible offers. What makes sense in this day and age is pure unlimited mobile broadband and that is it. That is what I have here in town with Cricket (although now that ATT bought them out, we'll see how long I can keep my plan) and simply use Skype to call out to regular phones when I need and iMessage, or whatever platform suits the moment.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
The truth is, these plans are still bad. Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile all have terrible offers. What makes sense in this day and age is pure unlimited mobile broadband and that is it. That is what I have here in town with Cricket (although now that ATT bought them out, we'll see how long I can keep my plan) and simply use Skype to call out to regular phones when I need and iMessage, or whatever platform suits the moment.

Yet people still pay for them. Economics, eh?

----------

T-mobile has become a disruptive force in the telecom industry. Wow.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So AT&T responds fairly quickly to match one of the things that Verizon added that AT&T didn't. On the other hand Verizon misses a huge thing of not allowing discounts on phones that are paid off, unlike AT&T that introduced that. We can only hope Verizon wakes up and adds that, but somehow they seem to suddenly think they don't have to match their close competitors all that well anymore.

Oz.

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
People already have unlimited international messaging from whatsapp and other apps like it, but you know this and because of this you did it.

In Europe for this pricing you get unlimited calls and messaging worldwide.

...not impressed with this offer:rolleyes:

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2011
Now if only they brought back unlimited data...

Why do I get the feeling that that will never happen?

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
Wow this is a great addition, haven't expected AT&T to offer so much to the customers. Only wish is that the international voice package included China, but I can still use Google Voice for that.

vpndev

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2009
lunch

AT&T is starting to realize that, while it was asleep, T-Mobile was up and eating breakfast.

Now it's eating its lunch. Not in number of customers - yet - but certainly in terms of mindshare. AT&T is on its heels just wondering where the next shot will come from.

They deserve it.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
People already have unlimited international messaging from whatsapp and other apps like it, but you know this and because of this you did it.

Well, although the move may be late and merely a reaction to increased competition, I for one won't complain about getting more.

As for WhatsApp, while it may be undoutably very popular, SMS still continues to be a dominant messaging platform, however regrettable.
BhVODuQCAAAUVVs.png:large

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Why shall we fall for all kinds of gimmicks from at&t?
Especially when their subsidy aio wireless can offer unlimited (with throttle) for $45? :confused:

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
It's amazing how AT&T always limb in with half baked deals after T-Mobile leads the way.

I've left AT&T a years ago and couldn't be more happy with T-Mobile, pay less than half what I use to pay before :D

ninety5eclipz

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2014

In Europe for this pricing you get unlimited calls and messaging worldwide.

...not impressed with this offer:rolleyes:

What part of Europe? I lived there 7 years and never heard of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.