Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ituneslogo.jpg
Apple today released a minor update to its iTunes software, fixing an issue that could cause iTunes to quit unexpectedly when a device is connected. The update also improves compatibility with iBooks for Mac on OS X Mavericks.

The last update to iTunes was released on January 22, bringing language and wish list improvements.
This update fixes a problem that may cause iTunes to quit unexpectedly when a device is connected and improves compatibility with iBooks for Mac on OS X Mavericks.
iTunes 11.1.5 can be downloaded via the Mac App Store or through Apple's iTunes download site. The update comes in at 81.4MB.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.1.5 With Bug Fixes, Compatibility Improvements

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
I'm just waiting for the day that Apple decides to make iTunes about music (or even media in general), and separates all of the other stuff from it.

There should be an iTunes Store app for Mac, like there is for iOS. Music and Videos apps for Mac, like there are for iOS. I know it would be rather ballsy because of how huge iTunes is, but Apple isn't one to be shy of change. I think it would make the experience a whole lot better.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Love a good iTunes update! :D

I'm just waiting for the day that Apple decides to make iTunes about music (or even media in general), and separates all of the other stuff from it.

There should be an iTunes Store app for Mac, like there is for iOS. Music and Videos apps for Mac, like there are for iOS. I know it would be rather ballsy because of how huge iTunes is, but Apple isn't one to be shy of change. I think it would make the experience a whole lot better.

It's better than it used to be. I don't agree with having seperate apps, but thats just my opinion.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…

Maybe bring back iSync. Have that sync your devices, while iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie, etc. manage the media.

GWX

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2013
So, when is the smooth scrolling Mavericks' API going to be implemented? iTunes is so janky, specially when compared to the silk which is Safari when scrolling.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I wonder if they fixed the issue where iTunes crashes when resuming internet radio.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
Wonder if this will fix the annoying warning that it can't sync a book (just one, the last one I bought) to my iPhone because it can't be found?

Edit: Looks like it has. I started a sync and it popped up a message saying there were purchases on my phone that weren't in iTunes and did I want to upload them. Selected Yes and it uploaded the "rogue" book from my phone :)

Last edited:

durkkin

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013

Apple absolutely needs to separate the apps. iTunes tries to handle so much stuff that it takes away from the experience, slows down the app overall, and makes it hard/confusing for new users to learn. It was a discussion I had with the Creatives at the Apple store all the time. Customers had so much trouble learning the ins and outs of iTunes.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
So, when is the smooth scrolling Mavericks' API going to be implemented? iTunes is so janky, specially when compared to the silk which is Safari when scrolling.

I haven't noticed major scrolling problems, but the search functionality is so bad it locks up the UI while sputtering to return results. And forget trying to type anything while it's searching. There's several things I think iTunes 11 improved, but searching is far far worse now. And when people have libraries that number in the tens of thousands, searching is one of those things that should have spit and polish.

But that's the general problem with iTunes. It's not a focused product. There are so many competing internal interests for engineering time -- iTunes Match, iTunes Radio, iBooks, iTunes Store, and oh yeah music -- that it doesn't feel anymore like an Apple product. Almost feels like a Microsoft product. As Jobs said, being focused is about saying "no" not "yes", but they seem to say "yes" to shoehorning into iTunes whatever product they want us to buy this week. I mean, does it even make sense that you can buy books and films inside a music app? They need to just make a separate Media Store app, and leave our music alone.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Funny thing is that I almost never connect my devices to my Mac anymore. With over the air syncing, i really don't need to. I d find that the lag of getting photos from my phone to the cloud and available in iPhoto/Aperture can take time -- that's when I will hard wire and download the photos directly.

In reality I find I am almost never in iTunes these days. I do it all through the iPad, iPhone or ATV. But I know that in the background, iTunes is there collecting and managing all my stuff.

wwchris

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Grr... busted

My iTunes was working fine, now after the update it hangs when I quit. I have to force-quit and then it has to rebuild my library each time.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
My pet peeve is the multiple times iTunes asks me for my password to log into the Apple Store.

This was briefly fixed but re-introduced with one of the newer iTunes releases.

jimlaing

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
Central NC
I was just struggling this morning with how my iPads and iPhone were not recognized anymore by iTunes … and this fix fixed that! I was not happy when I connected my devices via cable and iTunes 11.1.4 didn't even recognize them! And I got the dreaded "Trust This Computer" message over and over.

Anyway, 11.1.5 fixed those issues that I just started seeing after 11.1.4 came in.

Jim

epelba01

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
I was hoping it would fix the wifi sync issue, but it looks like it did not. Once the computer goes to sleep, even though wake on lan is turned on, wifi sync on ios devices will keep showing looking for Mac. This is getting old. The cord has been cut but wifi sync implementation is lousy.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple today released a minor update to its iTunes software, fixing an issue that could cause iTunes to quit unexpectedly when a device is connected. The update also improves compatibility with iBooks for Mac on OS X Mavericks.

The last update to iTunes was released on January 22, bringing language and wish list improvements. iTunes 11.1.5 can be downloaded via the Mac App Store or through Apple's iTunes download site. The update comes in at 81.4MB.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.1.5 With Bug Fixes, Compatibility Improvements

Still no CoverFlow?

wwchris

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Atlanta, GA
My iTunes was working fine, now after the update it hangs when I quit. I have to force-quit and then it has to rebuild my library each time.

Just to follow up, I let it sit on quit and it did eventually quit after about 3 minutes. Not sure what the problem is.

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
london
Has anyone else got this bug where music plays back at half or three quarters speed? The only way to resolve the issue is to close and reopen iTunes.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008

I would love separate apps and the iTunes app to only be the Store and nothing else.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Wonder if this will fix the annoying warning that it can't sync a book (just one, the last one I bought) to my iPhone because it can't be found?

Edit: Looks like it has. I started a sync and it popped up a message saying there were purchases on my phone that weren't in iTunes and did I want to upload them. Selected Yes and it uploaded the "rogue" book from my phone :)

Did it bother to tell you WHICH items were on your phone that weren't in iTunes? I bet not. Is that really too difficult for a company of 10's of thousands of employees to figure out how to do? Wow. I mean they already put up the dialog box warning you about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.