Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple again topped Fortune's annual list of the "World's Most Admired Companies", claiming the title for the seventh year in a row. Apple's ranking on the list was followed by Amazon, Google, Berkshire Hathaway, and Starbucks.

fortune-most-admired-2014.jpg
The ranking was based on a survey taken by corporate peers including executives, directors, and industry analysts who graded each company based on key attributes such as innovation, people management, social responsibility and more. Apple earned an overall score of 7.94, beating out Amazon which scored a 7.09.
The iconic tech company known for the iPhone and other stylish and user-friendly products is back in the top spot on this year's list, for the seventh year in a row. Apple, the most valuable brand on the planet according to Interbrand, brought in $171 billion in revenues in FY2013 and is flush with cash, but fan boys and girls (not to mention the market) are getting antsy to see its next big product. Bets are on a smartwatch or AppleTV, but the company is also reportedly turning its attention to cars and medical devices. -- Erika Fry
Apple was also ranked number one in seven of the nine key attributes of reputation listed in the poll. It ranked number five in social responsibility and number two in global competitiveness, following rival Google in the latter category.

Article Link: Apple Tops Fortune's 'Most Admired Companies' List for Seventh Consecutive Year

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I can see this,
I'd like to work for them :D and they produce awesome products

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
Who "Admires" Google, other than doe-eyed Wall Street types? I'm terrified of Google and avoid them every chance I get.

SimonDK

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
From a UK perspective, Tax dodgers unite!

It is a shame that this is the most admired companies list in the world, when there is not one on the list that is not out for themselves big time.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Look at the 'Nine key attributes of reputation'. None of them are about how the company helps people. I ADMIRE any nurse or doctor way more than any multi-billion dollar tech company.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012

It is a shame that this is the most admired companies list in the world, when there is not one on the list that is not out for themselves big time.

They're businesses.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Surprisingly I only saw 8 companies on the list of 50 that are outside of the US. I was also surprised to find AT&T at number 50 ahead of the other US telcos.

Basically, the list is a bit surprising.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

Pretty much, doing everything they can to avoid paying tax in the companies they sell in.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin

How else do you think you can get to the top? No one or thing can get to the top if that's not their primary goal.

----------

Look at the 'Nine key attributes of reputation'. None of them are about how the company helps people. I ADMIRE any nurse or doctor way more than any multi-billion dollar tech company.

Do you really think that Apple doesn't help people? Their products have changed the world by helping people live a far better life in a multitude of ways. Your doctor and nurse sell one-on-one personal service. Apple sells products that make overall life better and more enjoyable, and have done one hell of a great job doing it for many years.

SimonDK

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
How else do you think you can get to the top? No one or thing can get to the top if that's not their primary goal.

Well my opinion is that if the top companies of the world paid the correct amount of corporation tax maybe the national debts of the major world economies might not be so bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.