Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following yesterday's addition of Soundgarden to its SXSW concert lineup, Apple has now announced that Kendrick Lamar will also perform during the iTunes Festival [iTunes Store Link], headlining on March 12. Joining Kendrick Lamar will be ScHoolboy Q and Isaiah Rashad.

kendrickitunesfestival.jpg
With the addition of Soundgarden and Kendrick Lamar, Apple's SXSW iTunes Festival lineup is complete with the following acts scheduled (times listed in CST):

March 11
10:00 p.m. - Coldplay
8:30 p.m. - Imagine Dragons
7:30 p.m. - London Grammar

March 12
10:00 p.m. - Kendrick Lamar
8:45 p.m. - ScHoolboy Q
8:00 p.m. - Isaiah Rashad

March 13
10:00 p.m. - Soundgarden
8:45 p.m. - Band of Skulls
8:00 p.m. - Capital Cities

March 14
10:00 p.m. - Pitbull
8:45 p.m. - ZEDD
8:00 p.m. - G.R.L

March 15
10:00 p.m. - Keith Urban
8:45 p.m. - Willie Nelson
8:00 p.m. - Mickey Guyton

Apple first announced the SXSW concert series last week, as an expansion of its long-running iTunes Festival in the UK. The festival will offer five nights of music, beginning on March 11 at Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater in Austin, Texas.

While the SXSW concerts are presented for free, tickets are given to attendees on a lottery basis. Live and on-demand streams of the shows will be available through the iTunes Store on iOS devices and computers, the iTunes Festival app on iOS devices, and the Apple TV.

Article Link: Apple Adds Kendrick Lamar, Supporting Acts to iTunes Festival SXSW Lineup

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
Wish I could attend SXSW, but I wouldn't be attending any of these shows other than Willie Nelson (with the sheer volume of amazing bands in Austin that week).

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Only 1 good band? Band of Skulls is the only band worth seeing of all these bands. And they are not metal. Check them out.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I've never heard of him, but he's got that neat attempting-to-get-out-of-a-straight jacket pose which is so cool!

ULLfvNu.png

Last edited:

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
He's fantastic. One of the best hip-hop artists to emerge in a long time.

Will he be performing again with Imagine Dragons like they did at the Grammys?

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
ADHD and Black Boy Fly are my favorite K Dot songs. King of the west coast right now

Anyone who watched the Grammy's should know who Kendrick Lamar is

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
I love how balanced the lineup is to suit different musical tastes.

Personally, I'd tune in for Soundgarden and Soundgarden only... I'm not familiar with most of the other lineup's music.

But kudos for catering to a wide audience, since not everyone can be open-minded about music genres other than their own, as some of the comments here clearly show.

macribas

macrumors member
May 22, 2008
Austin, TX
Not free

Someone needs to correct that info. No, the concerts are not free to attend.
To get in the drawings you need to have a SXSW Badge or wristband. From their website:
"To determine which SXSW badge holders will be admitted to these shows, SXSW will conduct ticket drawings, which grant priority entry for specific SXSW credential types only. No other credentials are eligible to enter these drawings. Tuesday night's show will be open to all badge types. All following shows will be available to Music and Platinum badges and SXSW music festival and artist wristbands only. Each winner may bring a guest, but the guest must also have a SXSW Badge or a SXSW music festival or artist wristband."
The cheapest way to get in is with a music wristband, which are sold out and costed $189 (a small number of them will be available onsite). Then you need to enter the drawing (it's not automatic) and then if you're lucky you get to go.
Looks like the best bet to enjoy these shows will be at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.