Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pantagruel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2002
here and there
I wonder what they will possibly use this for? I'm really surprised a "big" company like Roxio bought Napster, anyone care to guess whats going to come from it?

Chisholm

macrumors regular
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I have to wonder if Roxio might know something we don't about Napster's application folder. It's not like Napster as a company ever really had a production facility, just a rather small application and some network and computers. Maybe Napster folks figured out something huge and Roxio wants to step in early.

cheers!

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
"Rip, Mix, Burn" version 2

Toast, Jam and Easy CD Creator are all great tools for making audio CDs, DVDs and backing up data. I imagine they might be offering some kind of online sharing facility to go with their other software. I'd say the hotline protocol is better than napster myself but who really knows what use they have for it ?

Maybe they plan on creating a commerical file sharing application or something along those lines.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Re: Roxio to acquire Napster assests, but none of the liabilities

Originally posted by medea
Roxio, creators of the popular Toast CD authoring software,

Toast was created by Adaptec. Roxio took control of the software a few years ago and brought us the interface and features we know today.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.