Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bit_bucket

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Summerville, SC
They kind of need it to go this week, since cars are hitting the showroom floors with Car Play this week. But that may not be a big enough driving force for them to just get this out the door. The fact that this has taken so long really speaks to the amount of changes in iOS7 and the relative incompleteness of it when it came out.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
the Music App STILL sucks...

the call screens got worse and the new designs is HIDEOUS...

iOS 7.1 still crashes a lot..

iOS 7.1 still needs a lot of work imo.

Only good thing? Faster animations.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
4 months is a long time to beta test icon changes.

Well they didnt want the same fuss about icons like there was when iOS 7 came out. So they took their time this time around. Just the green ones tho. I heard the pink ones will be in iOS7.1.1 beta 1-5 :rolleyes:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Strange that there isn't a GM yet. I don't remember anytime where a GM was not available except for emergency fixes.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I put this into Google translate and it crashed. Thanks a ton dude!:mad:

On a side note, Goddamn it...stop with the tease. This is madness. We want iOS 7.1 now :eek:

I want a Secret Birdie that tells me Apple news. Where do I get? Which pet store?

Write a thoughtful and informed blog that focus' on Apple tech for 10+ years. Make friends with VC's and have them as guests on your podcast. Hobnob a little and presto! You have a little bird! Maybe ;)

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Yeehaw! New Caps Lock!

What a waste of time… Not only iOS 7 is the worst visually appealing OS ever, now, we have a new caps lock and some tweaked colors.
Come on Apple, start growing some balls and surprise us. :rolleyes:
Luckily I don't have to worry too much with my jailbroken iPhone 5s.
I can have any color, any icon and anything I want, NOW.
;)

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
iOS 8 for sure is already around the corner. And why on earth do you expect CHANGES in a MINOR update?

A .1 update shouldn't be minor. It's a disgrace that it takes 5 months to come up with crappy modifications to an already buggy and ugly OS.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
if nexus 5 had imessage and itunes id switch today

the iphone is becoming like blackberry ala 2010 - when people stuck with it because it had bbm

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
So what's new and special in 7.1 that's going to be critical to stream the iTunes Festival?

Flash?

No, Money will flash out of your pockets cause they are going to try to sell you the songs from all the artists playing… Just like the iTunes radio advertising artists that don't even match your interests… Just a money making machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.