Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Now every time I want to go back I have to hit it twice. It's nice to have full screen but there are better ways to implement it, like Mercyry did - make them remain but be translucent.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
No but don't use those buttons. Swipe from the left edge of the screen to the right to go back and do the opposite to go forward

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I love that swipe thing. It also works in settings and messages and a few third party apps.

Yeah. I downloaded the tweak Swipe Back which is where the idea came from, and it's supposed to let u go both ways but doesn't in this version.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I love that swipe thing. It also works in settings and messages and a few third party apps.

I still find myself habitually using the back and forward arrows. I wish there was an option to make them stay visible, I thought I would get used to it but it's just simply annoying having to hit it twice every time, the "full screen" browsing experience is not worth this hassle.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
this doesn't help if you want to view your tabs, though.

Great point. Ya they seriously did not put very much thought into iOS 7. 100% style over functionality, and the style isn't even that great, it's just different.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I still find myself habitually using the back and forward arrows. I wish there was an option to make them stay visible, I thought I would get used to it but it's just simply annoying having to hit it twice every time, the "full screen" browsing experience is not worth this hassle.
Well all I can say is keep swiping until it becomes natural. All I had to do was swipe once and I fell in love with it it's just feels so normal to swipe. It's something a button can not deliver.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Well all I can say is keep swiping until it becomes natural. All I had to do was swipe once and I fell in love with it it's just feels so normal to swipe. It's something a button can not deliver.

Yeah I prefer swipe gestures but it's slightly more effort than tapping the arrow as you have to drag from the very edge of the screen. Also, like poster above said this does not let you see your tabs.

If you like swipe gestures you absolutely need to jailbreak and get SwipeNav. It lets you go back by simply swiping left anywhere on the screen. The only issue is it does not work in messages right now. I've been emailing the dev trying to get him to fix it, very annoying.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Swiping doesn't always work for me, sometimes it takes 3 or 4 times before it will swipe back a page and the back/forward buttons at bottom drive me crazy, they remind me of Chrome and I hated them in there. I didn't realize too that you can tap the bottom and the back/forward buttons appear but you have to be careful, especially with this forum because on your iphone they run an AD at the bottom and taping that area sometimes you tap the ad in error. :eek:

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Swiping doesn't always work for me, sometimes it takes 3 or 4 times before it will swipe back a page and the back/forward buttons at bottom drive me crazy, they remind me of Chrome and I hated them in there. I didn't realize too that you can tap the bottom and the back/forward buttons appear but you have to be careful, especially with this forum because on your iphone they run an AD at the bottom and taping that area sometimes you tap the ad in error. :eek:

Your post is confusing. What drives you crazy about the back forward buttons at the bottom if not the appear/disappear thing?

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Your post is confusing. What drives you crazy about the back forward buttons at the bottom if not the appear/disappear thing?

Well, I'm only 3 days into iOS7 it's the scrolling appear/disappear thing, I guess I just need to get use to it. I've been so use to Safari iOS6 with the "fixed" buttons in portrait. Another thing I don't like is the new URL bar at the top but I guess I need to get use to that too.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Well, I'm only 3 days into iOS7 it's the scrolling appear/disappear thing, I guess I just need to get use to it. I've been so use to Safari iOS6 with the "fixed" buttons in portrait. Another thing I don't like is the new URL bar at the top but I guess I need to get use to that too.
Yeah all of that drives me crazy. If it was better than before I wouldn't mind adjusting, but it's not.

If it is the disappearing of the arrows that bothers you then why did you say the buttons bothered you and that you also noticed they appeared when you tapped? Aren't those the same issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.