Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fud122

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I have a document in pdf format that I would like to convert to jpeg (or another similar picture format). Preview allows me to do this but only one page at a time. I would ideally like to convert all the pages at once. Thanks.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
open in preview and do a save as - save as jpeg

edit - just read your post.... try selecting all in the drawer
their is a free app something PDF, of course its on my iMac

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Try this:

Select "Print...". Click on the "PDF" button and select "Save PDF to iPhoto".

This will run a workflow (Automator) which will ask you for a location to store the imported images (Album name).

It'll create a new Album in iPhoto with the images imported from the PDF document. They're JPEGS.

The individual file names were a bit cryptic, in my test case, but it might have been the original PDF document I was using.

btw: I just discovered this as a result of your question - thanks. It might be useful sometime.

fud122

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Thanks for your replies everyone! I tried that PDF to iPhoto thing and it worked perfectly as did Graphic Converter.

LU06TON

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks for your replies everyone! I tried that PDF to iPhoto thing and it worked perfectly as did Graphic Converter.

I have the same problem.. i have done that but i cannot seem to take it off iPhoto.. but it has converted it to JPEG :) but i cannot seen to take it off iPhoto andput it on my iPod for example please help !

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I have the same problem.. i have done that but i cannot seem to take it off iPhoto.. but it has converted it to JPEG :) but i cannot seen to take it off iPhoto andput it on my iPod for example please help !

You can drag it from iPhoto to your desktop. Do you have photo syncing set up in iTunes to sync the right album? Is there enough space on your iPod?

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
If you want to do this without having to run through iPhoto (I know I wouldn't want jpg copies of PDF pages cluttering up my iPhoto library), build this custom workflow in Automator.

(This will also output a single PDF for each page in the document, but you could clean that up by adding further actions to this workflow.)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,825

currybeach

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
telecomm. thanks for your suggestion, it worked great. i am new to using automator and can't believe how easy it makes everything.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Wow.

This popped up on google and I'm excited!!! Ive never used automator, but it could be my new best friend, THANKS!!!!

(although, this means a ton of coloring pages for the kids on my iPad, I don't think I will like that as much as them huh?)

initialsBB

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
If you want to do this without having to run through iPhoto (I know I wouldn't want jpg copies of PDF pages cluttering up my iPhoto library), build this custom workflow in Automator.

(This will also output a single PDF for each page in the document, but you could clean that up by adding further actions to this workflow.)

Nice ! Love Automator :)

wizzkid100

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
I have a document in pdf format that I would like to convert to jpeg (or another similar picture format). Preview allows me to do this but only one page at a time. I would ideally like to convert all the pages at once. Thanks.
Hi all its really easy to change the file by opening the file in preview and clicking export from the file menu, in export it all there for you, just save the file to where you want and its done after you have changed the file etc... good luck hope this helped.

sofasurfer

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Hi all its really easy to change the file by opening the file in preview and clicking export from the file menu, in export it all there for you, just save the file to where you want and its done after you have changed the file etc... good luck hope this helped.

Thank you for that..been trying to figure it out.

WilliamBos

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Innisfil, ON
Thank you!!

Opening preview and doing below worked Perfect!!

:)

Try this:

This will run a workflow (Automator) which will ask you for a location to store the imported images (Album name).

It'll create a new Album in iPhoto with the images imported from the PDF document. They're JPEGS.

The individual file names were a bit cryptic, in my test case, but it might have been the original PDF document I was using.

btw: I just discovered this as a result of your question - thanks. It might be useful sometime.

JonathanNgo

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2013
Thank you!!

Opening preview and doing below worked Perfect!!

:)

I do as below

1. Ask for Finder Items

2. Render PDF Pages as Images

3. Move Finder Items (set location to the folder you want them to be in)

4. Rename Finder Items (for you to set the item of final files.)

This will give you better image quality (since you can set it up at step 2)

TheRush

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
hello i am also looking for this
i have searched the web for a couple of hours now in total and the best ive come up is pdfjpg.de/ .
The problem is I can't open the file sometimes after conversion is done, and also it takes quite long...
Does anyone know of any up to date sites that are working perfectly? Ive seen some of you have posted some solutions already I will check those out, hope they work on my pro

regards

crazypeter

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2008
UK
Try this:

My 10.8.5 mac does not have the option to "Save PDF to iPhoto" only to save as various pdf options, although there is an "Edit Menu" option which when clicked produces a "Printing workflows" box, where you can input text. I get the same print options in Firefox as well!

Any advice, will be gratefully received.

crazypeter

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2008
UK
If I go to "File", then "Duplicate" and "Save as", I can save a page individually as a jpg, but I would like to save all the pages of the pdf in one go.

I can also "Save as", as a jpg for one image at a time too.

Last edited:

crazypeter

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2008
UK
Sorry if this link is against the rules mods. I am not sure, but I may have used the Automator as described here:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3311405?start=15&tstart=0

Although it looks as though some screenshots that may have been originally posted, have been removed :(

So now, I open the PDF in Preview and in the print menu, I click PDF (at bottom left) to get a menu with "Convert a PDF to jpgs" and hey presto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.