Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happycamper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Wow, this screen is throwing off so much radiation my eyes are basically watering non-stop when I use it. I have to wear sunglasses most of the time, but they don't help that much either. Does anybody else have this problem? If so, what can I do about it?

happycamper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
mad jew said:
Would turning the brightness down help?

It didn't really seem to. The sunglasses don't really help either... At some point, at this rate, I won't be able to see the screen anymore!

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
not had a problem...

you sure it's this 'radiation'

or is it just that you are having to strain your eyes to see the screen?

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
happycamper said:
Wow, this screen is throwing off so much radiation my eyes are basically watering non-stop when I use it. I have to wear sunglasses most of the time, but they don't help that much either. Does anybody else have this problem? If so, what can I do about it?

The only radiation coming off a 12" PB LCD is visible light, which is perfectly harmless of course!

Sounds like you are getting eye strain due to having poor eyesight or an incorrect perscription for your glasses/contacts. When was the last time you had your eyes checked?

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
salt.jpg

Not to make too light of the issue, seems you may need a bigger screen.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
happycamper said:

I guess you're pretty much the only one who complains that the 12" PB display is too bright ;-) With 80-120cd/m2 it's way below the 140cd/m2 that is typical for notebooks of other manufacturers..
I guess your problem is not the brightness but the size of the display..

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Before selling and buying a bigger screen try:
-Turning brightness down
-Decrease screen resolution to the second or third highest setting.
-Buy a clip-on screen magnifier if the above doesn't work.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
I've been able to see my 12" PB screen fine as long as I have my contact lenses in. If I don't, my eyes hurt like all hell. I'd see your optometrist, maybe even take your 12" in with you, and figure out what's going on.

happycamper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
SummerBreeze said:
I've been able to see my 12" PB screen fine as long as I have my contact lenses in. If I don't, my eyes hurt like all hell. I'd see your optometrist, maybe even take your 12" in with you, and figure out what's going on.

Glad to hear that the only other people who know what I'm talking about have some eye issues too. I'll hit the optometrist and hope that a newer rx might solve this irritating problem... Thanks for all the info ya'll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.