Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Finally got around to seeing the Pilot episode and it was better than I thought. It makes me wonder, however, how many people will be resurrected and if they'll do an episode for each. Moreover, if all the resurrections will only be to people that live in Arcadia. So far, it seems that the first 2 resurrections happened to two somewhat connected families - I wonder if this will stay true for the rest.

Any see this yet? Thoughts?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Finally got around to seeing the Pilot episode and it was better than I thought. It makes me wonder, however, how many people will be resurrected and if they'll do an episode for each. Moreover, if all the resurrections will only be to people that live in Arcadia. So far, it seems that the first 2 resurrections happened to two somewhat connected families - I wonder if this will stay true for the rest.

Or if there will be a larger "connection" if you will to all of those that are resurrected? I am hoping this doesn't go down the path of say, a supernatural or alien under tone.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

My impression is that the little boy's story is not finished, so it's not just one episode per person. Previews indicate they discover multiple people have been resurrected. It's a safe assumption that this was not some random unexplained event, although there could be no explanation or purpose, this is a tv show with a plot, so there will be a purpose that will be revealed eventually! ;) And it is likely these resurrected people will be tied together in some manner or for some purpose.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
My impression is that the little boy's story is not finished, so it's not just one episode per person. Previews indicate they discover multiple people have been resurrected. It's a safe assumption that this was not some random unexplained event, although there could be no explanation or purpose, this is a tv show with a plot, so there will be a purpose that will be revealed eventually! ;) And it is likely these resurrected people will be tied together in some manner or for some purpose.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean for it to sound like that it would be one completed story per episode. I meant that will they be constantly resurrecting people in every episode. If that's the case, it will get old since the reactions will be similar and earlier resurrections may get lose it's significance/meaning.

But yes, I hope they are all connected in more ways than them knowing certain people in each other's families.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Just finished the second episode (Hulu), and I'm now reminded by how much I despise watching shows in real time. I mean, I get how those cliffhangers are necessary but at least let us know what was in the casket! It better not just be bones of the kid. And, the returned Dad (Caleb) - was that a body that he was digging up? It looked like a face, but hardly decomposed. And, did he kill that guy? Why's he telling Jacob to lie? Did he steal money and then bury it?

And oh, did the lady doctor's mom return also but go back to the guy who she cheated on her husband with? Annoying how they never returned to that scene after the break.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I started to watch it and I'll likely see where it goes for another couple episodes, but if they continue to have the spotty stories where they leave at commercial and never return (the man who slept with the doctor's mom), then it will only frustrate me. It would likely turn into a Lost type of thing for me. I ended up giving up on that until I could binge watch it. When I did, I was hooked but the spotty stories and cliffhangers just didn't do it for me.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I started to watch it and I'll likely see where it goes for another couple episodes, but if they continue to have the spotty stories where they leave at commercial and never return (the man who slept with the doctor's mom), then it will only frustrate me. It would likely turn into a Lost type of thing for me. I ended up giving up on that until I could binge watch it. When I did, I was hooked but the spotty stories and cliffhangers just didn't do it for me.

As I recall, the affair was mentioned in the first episode and had lingering effects on the brother in the second episode so I would not describe it as something that was dropped, a cliffhanger, or a spotty story, however from past experience it is quite enjoyable to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time. In fact I frequently record shows and let a couple of them pile up before watching just to see more developments in one stretch. :)

Now besides the shock of dead loved ones coming back, and the relative's reactions, things have been developing slowly, but it's only been 2 episodes, and events started accelerating at the end of the second episode. The Father who came back appears to be a bad person. And based on previews, unless they are totally misleading, you have to ask, is there a reason he came back or was it just randomness? As I said before, because it's TV there will be a purpose. :D

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I'll probably stop watching this week-to-week or something and just binge later. I usually don't get caught up in shows so quickly, but this one speaks to me; I'm crying every episode! Probably because I just lost my mom this past July rather suddenly and held her hand until she was pronounced dead by the doctor. I know it's only a TV show, but damn, if this was real.

Anyway, first 3 so far so good. I'm thinking Caleb isn't really a bad guy simply because it's way too obvious. Hopefully there's more to his storyline.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'll probably stop watching this week-to-week or something and just binge later. I usually don't get caught up in shows so quickly, but this one speaks to me; I'm crying every episode! Probably because I just lost my mom this past July rather suddenly and held her hand until she was pronounced dead by the doctor. I know it's only a TV show, but damn, if this was real.

Anyway, first 3 so far so good. I'm thinking Caleb isn't really a bad guy simply because it's way too obvious. Hopefully there's more to his storyline.

Sorry about your loss and sorry the show is effecting you this way...

The show is still holding my attention. The pace is slow, but it's not bothering me, better than rushed.

Spoiler

Something I saw in episode 3 that confused me. They opened the casket, and then delayed showing what was there. I felt like yelling "show me"! ;) What they showed was a perfectly preserved Jacob, and they said not one word about this, which made me wonder if this was some sort of adjustment by ABC showing these child's remains? My clue is that the label from the t-shirt that he removed was old and faded unlike the condition of the body they showed. If correct, this really annoyed me. Families should be able to take this, like they do in a variety of shows, or don't show the body at all. Just show the old tag he removed and is identical to the tag in new-Jacob's shirt that he came back in.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
So how likely are they going to go the alien route? Cause it sure seemed like that's the direction they were going the last episode. That would probably lose my attention quickly has it's been done many times over.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Sorry about your loss and sorry the show is effecting you this way...

The show is still holding my attention. The pace is slow, but it's not bothering me, better than rushed.

Spoiler

Something I saw in episode 3 that confused me. They opened the casket, and then delayed showing what was there. I felt like yelling "show me"! ;) What they showed was a perfectly preserved Jacob, and they said not one word about this, which made me wonder if this was some sort of adjustment by ABC showing these child's remains? My clue is that the label from the t-shirt that he removed was old and faded unlike the condition of the body they showed. If correct, this really annoyed me. Families should be able to take this, like they do in a variety of shows, or don't show the body at all. Just show the old tag he removed and is identical to the tag in new-Jacob's shirt that he came back in.

Thanks.

Like Southern Dad posted above, the fresh body was a flashback. It was a bit awkward the way it was spliced in, however, I think it was used to show that he was buried in the same clothes that he was wearing when he came back. If you look, you can see a bit of dusty remains, etc. I think they didn't show the remains due to the fact that it was a kid and they wanted to be PC about it.

I'm still annoyed that they haven't cut back to the guy who tried to save the lady from the river. In the previous episode, they show him saying to someone that they found them before breaking into commercial. A full episode later and nothing, they even show him in the bar but nothing about that conversation. That was annoying.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So how likely are they going to go the alien route? Cause it sure seemed like that's the direction they were going the last episode. That would probably lose my attention quickly has it's been done many times over.

Not saying you are wrong, but not picking up that vibe.

I believe the body in the casket shown was a flashback to the day he was buried. They didn't show what the body looked like now.

Thanks. I just did not see much else to indicate a flashback.

----------

Thanks.

Like Southern Dad posted above, the fresh body was a flashback. It was a bit awkward the way it was spliced in, however, I think it was used to show that he was buried in the same clothes that he was wearing when he came back. If you look, you can see a bit of dusty remains, etc. I think they didn't show the remains due to the fact that it was a kid and they wanted to be PC about it.

I'm still annoyed that they haven't cut back to the guy who tried to save the lady from the river. In the previous episode, they show him saying to someone that they found them before breaking into commercial. A full episode later and nothing, they even show him in the bar but nothing about that conversation. That was annoying.

They will get around to it... Eventually. ;)

Apurplenautilus

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2014
Ok, so first of all, I think it's the water. Maybe just from that particular river, or any water at all. As you recall, Jacob drowned and so did Barbara (who will probably come back before the end of the season)
Caleb's ashes were spread NEAR the river and could've blown into it.
Rachel drove her car off the bridge which could've went into water.
In the last episode, it shows the water in the bubbler right before Caleb disappears. This suggests that maybe something about the water... Gives them some kind of connection.
Lastly, the little boy who haunts Agent Bellamy is probably going to be resurrected because when they showed him dying there was steam.. And for steam you need water right? I guess we will find out soon.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Next week is the season finale. Things kind of exploded on Sundays episode. The dead are rising in mass! I wonder where the story is going to take us?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Good, not great season finale. Bad sheriff! :p Bunches of something that looks like shed cicada skins. Seems a bit biblical. Will keep watching if I can! Abc has not yet announced all of the shows that have been renewed for next season.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I enjoyed the Season 2 premier, the story twist and the dynamic with the sheriff.

Spoiler, Stop!

I knew he was previously dead from the beginning.. ;)

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I can't believe that Bellsmy died and then came back.

?

I have 2 episodes before I am caught up with the series. Then I contrast this show with the stark apocalyptic darkness of The Leftovers (HBO), the reason I can continue to watch this without any promise of an explanation of these events is that the characters are more likable and that generally speaking the show is more positive in its outlook. Although some of the returnees have baggage, the nature of the shows is more uplifting, people helping one another versus the unraveling of society bringing out the worst of people. Even though there are bad people in Resurrection, there are good people who counter the negativity.

It's interesting how two shows can be so similiar but so different. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
After last Sunday's episode, I'm wondering where this story is taking us. They've all ready broached the unhappy "original" movement, which is coming back, Jacob's Grandmother is a piece of work, and now we see financial revenge being attempted towards the Langstons from another returnee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.