Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
Neg, the flash back scene with the friend who ended up dead!!!

The scene with the daughter was funny though!

I plan to watch season 2 after I can download all the episodes via iTunes. Right now I am focusing on Breaking Bad and The Bridge.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I plan to watch season 2 after I can download all the episodes via iTunes. Right now I am focusing on Breaking Bad and The Bridge.

So far I am digging the new season!!!

Are you watching the American version of "The Bridge"?

If so what do you think so far? I really liked it and they set it up perfectly for season two, if there is a season two.

I know we had a thread going on it. Might need to do a search for it. You will see a lot of the same people in that thread also!

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014

If so what do you think so far? I really liked it and they set it up perfectly for season two, if there is a season two.

I know we had a thread going on it. Might need to do a search for it. You will see a lot of the same people in that thread also!

Yeah American version of the Bridge. I can't find the British version or the Swedish/Danish version on iTunes (US version). :(

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

I like the Bridge and I think it is coming back for Season 2.:D

The Bridge MacRumor's thread

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
To get back on topic... how far do you think that the guys got the period element of the 1980's into the show? Small details like the cars are very well done and it really really feels so much like my childhood.

Also what do peeps here think about the use of the 1970's and 1980's soundtrack?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
To get back on topic... how far do you think that the guys got the period element of the 1980's into the show? Small details like the cars are very well done and it really really feels so much like my childhood.

Also what do peeps here think about the use of the 1970's and 1980's soundtrack?

When they are driving around, I always look for a modern post 80's car they slipped in by accident. Have not seen any yet. As far as the soundtrack, it takes place in the 80's so would that not be expected to some degree? I like it.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
When they are driving around, I always look for a modern post 80's car they slipped in by accident. Have not seen any yet. As far as the soundtrack, it takes place in the 80's so would that not be expected to some degree? I like it.

I've seen a couple new cars slip by but they go by so fast you can barely see them.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

I love the fact we see VCR's and tape decks. I chuckle ever time I see one. Or the big boxy computers that are on the desks.

I think they have actually done a really good job with the clothing, look and feel of the entire show. Even the furniture screams 1980's!!!!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
"Those mean Americans planted fake sub propeller plans, that we stole, and we lost a sub with 160 good boys on it. Not fair!"

That really broke me up. :p

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I'm finally catching up

Still missing a few episodes from season 1 and 2, but this is a terrific show.

Love Matthew Rhys - I really believe he's Phillip, so much range. When Phillip ripped Paige a new one about her "rebellious" activities, wow. I hope we see another disguise like the one he wore in "Stealth"; that to me was one of the best gathering of intell moments yet. He was so spot on (for a particular spin on that type of person.)

I like that most of the characters are getting a lot of development and that things unfurl slowly - even though there's a slight sense of urgency.

Looking forward to the finale this Wednesday.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Still missing a few episodes from season 1 and 2, but this is a terrific show.

Love Matthew Rhys - I really believe he's Phillip, so much range. When Phillip ripped Paige a new one about her "rebellious" activities, wow. I hope we see another disguise like the one he wore in "Stealth"; that to me was one of the best gathering of intell moments yet. He was so spot on (for a particular spin on that type of person.)

I like that most of the characters are getting a lot of development and that things unfurl slowly - even though there's a slight sense of urgency.

Looking forward to the finale this Wednesday.

Me too! :)

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
I love the fact we see VCR's and tape decks. I chuckle ever time I see one. Or the big boxy computers that are on the desks.

I think they have actually done a really good job with the clothing, look and feel of the entire show. Even the furniture screams 1980's!!!!

Agreed. I love seeing the older tech and styles. And the disguises are on point for the era too.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010

Well that was an interesting finale, some threads were tied up too neatly but that's okay. I kind of suspected the person who killed the couple and their daughter in this season's opening episode. It was a very good and profound twist in the last few scenes (after the killer died anyway.)

And I liked how the title of this episode is as multi-layered as the show, "Echo."

I do hope they finally make Paige a good character in season three. She annoys me. Although I did enjoy the family conflict her 'rebellion' brought this season.

I'll be tuning in for season three.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Well that was an interesting finale, some threads were tied up too neatly but that's okay. I kind of suspected the person who killed the couple and their daughter in this season's opening episode. It was a very good and profound twist in the last few scenes (after the killer died anyway.)

And I liked how the title of this episode is as multi-layered as the show, "Echo."

I do hope they finally make Paige a good character in season three. She annoys me. Although I did enjoy the family conflict her 'rebellion' brought this season.

That's because Season 2 was filmed before a decision was made to renew it, I guess they didn't want to leave too many loose ends in case the show got canceled.

Great finale. Anxious to see if and how Paige gets involved with the KGB in S3.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 2 Finale Spoilers​

That's because Season 2 was filmed before a decision was made to renew it, I guess they didn't want to leave too many loose ends in case the show got canceled.

Great finale. Anxious to see if and how Paige gets involved with the KGB in S3.

Really enjoyed the finale too. I held my breath waiting to see if Beeman turned full fledge traitor. I'm really anticipating next season and trying to convert Paige to a member of the team. I've always wondered what they would do if one of their kids discovered what their parents really do for a living. What could they do? I suppose they could not kill their children, so they'd be in a world of hurt. It seems like constantly being surrounded by death is starting to take its toll on them.

Last edited:

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Season 3 Finale Spoilers​

Really enjoyed the finale too. I held my breath waiting to see if Beeman turned full fledge traitor. I'm really anticipating next season and trying to convert Paige to a member of the team. I've always wondered what they would do if one of their kids discovered what their parents really do for a living. What could they do? I suppose they could not kill their children, so they'd be in a world of hurt. It seems like constantly being surrounded by death is starting to take its toll on them.

Indeed, especially Phillip. Although it's good to see Elizabeth a little bit shaken and stirred. The arc with Beeman was particularly good too.

It will be interesting to see if they finally flesh out Paige with this interesting plot twist. I'd like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.