Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As reported last week, Apple is now offering in-store repairs for iPhone 5c displays.

Users with a cracked or damaged iPhone 5c display that do not have AppleCare+ can pay a $149 fee to get the screen repaired. Prior to the in-store repairs, that fee was $229 as Apple was forced to send damaged phones to an off-site repair center.

iphone5c.png
Apple first began offering in-store repairs back in June, when it began replacing iPhone 5 screens. The company is not yet equipped to replace iPhone 5s or iPhone 4s screens, so those devices are still sent off-site.

Apple's in-store repairs are designed to cut down on costs and in a June 2013 employee meeting, Apple noted that in-house repairs could save the company as much as $1 billion per year.

Article Link: Apple Now Replacing Damaged iPhone 5c Screens in Retail Stores

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
The four people who've ended up buying a 5c worldwide will be happy to know this!

So that's 4 of my friends. Wait, then there's the guy down the block, Oh and the dude that works in the cafe.

That makes 6.

But seriously, the 5C is almost as common as the 5S where I live.:D

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
So that's 4 of my friends. Wait, then there's the guy down the block, Oh and the dude that works in the cafe.

That makes 6.

But seriously, the 5C is almost as common as the 5S where I live.:D

I've seen more 5c's in Glasgow than 5s's ... on my office alone we have two 5s owners and six 5c owners. My Father in Law also owns one, as does one of my sister's in law.

Iscreens.mackay

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
Australia
Too many around now

We see heaps coming in every day for repair now in Australia.
Seems to be a lot of problems with their camera's.
Keeps us busy, but its a shame apple haven't fixed the problem before now.

Oh well keeps us busy

Señor

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2013
United States
Why not just bring out this option in the first place, Apple? It isn't like people don't break their 5c's in the first day.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.