Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c saw many part leaks ahead of their September 2013 release, we have seen no solid hints on what Apple's larger iPhone 6 might look like, leaving it up to designers to imagine how Apple will redesign its flagship product.

Concept artist Martin Hajek has teamed up with iCulture to create a mockup of the iPhone 6 based on some recent rumors, which suggested the iPhone 6 might take some design cues from the iPhone 5c and the seventh-generation iPod nano. While the report indicated the phone could adopt the colored anodized aluminum backing of the nano, Hajek has taken the nano-inspiration even further, with a flat, rectangular design and a 4.7-inch screen.

iphone6concept1.jpg
Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to be larger than the existing 4-inch iPhone 5s, with a screen size ranging from 4.7 inches to 5.7 inches. Some rumors have indicated the company has plans to release two separate phones in that size range, but it remains unclear if the company will proceed with that plan.

iphone6concept2.jpg
Along with a larger screen size, the iPhone 6 may incorporate a durable sapphire crystal display and will undoubtedly feature processor and camera upgrades. Apple is expected to introduce the iPhone 6 in the fall alongside iOS 8.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Concept Imagines iPod Nano-Like Design

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Actually not half bad, but the sides look a bit 'old fashioned' now...

Lapidus

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Not that I like it persé. But it might be good to get rid of the cliché rounded corner phone icon.

PFKMan23

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2012
I think it's good, but I don't see Apple releasing a phone with the squared corners.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Can't see it happening myself. Too bland and the curved corners are so iconic to the design now, it would be like getting rid of the home button.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
I would take that in a heart beat. I want a super thin iPhone with hardly any bezel around the screen.

CrystalPepsi

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
This wouldn't work in your front jeans pocket. Imagine the corner of this thing digging into your balls when you sit down awkwardly.

Unggoy Murderer

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
Bigger screen in near enough the same device size? I'd be happy with that...

It's amazing what a few extra millimetres of width each side can make. (That's what she said).

SolarShane

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
I would change "introduce" to "release", because iOS 8 will be introduced to us at WWDC, and released as a BETA in the same timeframe.

Oh, you guys saying "Nope" will be the ones who camp out anyway to get it.

truz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
Looks pretty modern. Not sure if I love the design or if it's alright.. :confused:

Looking forward to a better camera..

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
I actually liked back and sides, but front looks ugly. Also I do not understand why everyone wants Apple to change their design. Those sides, little buttons and rounded corners are signature of Apple now. For example look at the Ferrari, Porsche, BMW they do not change their design language so when I see a Ferrari / Porsche / BMW coming, I can distinguish it but when I see a Volvo, Hyundai etc. I can not distinguish them until I see logo. Design is like second logo of company in my opinion. Sorry for bad english.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Way off topic but why is there no mention of HTC releasing the new HTC One today? It's a better phone than the Samsung S5 yet when that phone came out there were a few front page articles.
It's like this site only focuses on what Samsung does and a few bits from Google. All this site does is cherry pick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.