Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I don't see them ditching the rounded corners for a long time. Anything else makes the products look too "techy" and futuristic, whereas rounded corners make the devices look timeless and "inevitable."

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Way off topic but why is there no mention of HTC releasing the new HTC One today? It's a better phone than the Samsung S5 yet when that phone came out there were a few front page articles.
It's like this site only focuses on what Samsung does and a few bits from Google. All this site does is cherry pick.

Oh, I am making too much comments on this new whatever. Samsung is the only company that makes a decent amount of money from making Android devices, and Samsung has a big market share in Android and they are the only company that can race with Apple in terms of sales, this is why MacRumors do not care about Sony, HTC, LG etc. I think...

Atrin1

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2012
Dallas
no-aw-hell-naw.gif

Last edited:

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
Isn't there a reason for the glass on the back of the current phones... As in, its needed for signal?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Its not bad. I personally am not fond of the design; I prefer the rounded corners of the previous iPhones. It does look incredibly thin though.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I like it but I don't think it'll work... it needs the windows for the antennas. But if they're going for the Nano design I wish they'd use that 3 button toggle they have... where the middle button is a play/pause & FF/REW with multiple presses.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I echo majority of the comments here. I don't want iPhone to look like Nokia Lumia series.

I basically want iPhone 6 to look more like iPad Air/mini, but with much smaller bezel. Add larger screen (without significantly increasing physical size over 5/5s), more universal cellular antenna, interchangeable camera lens mount, 2GB RAM, 32GB-128GB storage, 802.11ac, and improved battery life, you have just about perfect iPhone hardware.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I like it but I don't think it'll work... it needs the windows for the antennas. But if they're going for the Nano design I wish they'd use that 3 button toggle they have... where the middle button is a play/pause & FF/REW with multiple presses.

Yeah if they are using aluminum or steel it will need breaks I'm the metal (assuming they are using the case as an antenna again). Maybe they are finally gonna use liquid metal.

lusky

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
As others have said i think this is unlikely. Rounded corners are an Apple signature. they're on almost everything Apple TV, iPad, iMac, macbook and iPhone, Mac Mini. In fact the only products I can think of without the rounded corners are the Mac Pro an the nano

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
As others have said i think this is unlikely. Rounded corners are an Apple signature. they're on almost everything Apple TV, iPad, iMac, macbook and iPhone, Mac Mini. In fact the only products I can think of without the rounded corners are the Mac Pro an the nano

And the Mac Pro doesn't even have corners.

qrayg

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2007
Earth
Yes! I want a phone where my hands are constantly touching the screen so it can't ever know what I want to actually touch. BRILLIANT!!! /sarcasm

I would take that in a heart beat. I want a super thin iPhone with hardly any bezel around the screen.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Way off topic but why is there no mention of HTC releasing the new HTC One today? It's a better phone than the Samsung S5 yet when that phone came out there were a few front page articles.
It's like this site only focuses on what Samsung does and a few bits from Google. All this site does is cherry pick.

Good thing there are other websites in the world that will cover other brands for you. MacRumors depends on visits from the likes of us to generate ad revenue. If you don't like the stories they post, look elsewhere.

They have a bit too much Samsung news for my taste, but all in all it's my favorite Apple news website. I used to like MacBytes a lot, but that's gone now.

As for the actual topic of this article, I dislike this design. It looks quite hideous and I doubt Apple will release anything like it.

People who think the hardware appearance is going to change radically just because iOS's did, I'd like to remind you that whereas iOS has a new person heading it's design, the iPhone doesn't. It was Ives before, and it's still Ives. We'll see a refinement of prior iPhone models - it may even closely resemble the iPhone 5S - it won't do away with the rounded corners.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Not appealing to me...I prefer the current form factor.

But what do I know? I'm just one of those old folks who should be using a Jitterbug!:p

Jitterbug%20Phone.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.