Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattlike

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2007
Southern California
tumblr_n2g7pniTyg1sriqmxo1_500.jpg

for this weekend.

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
We don't have this in England, but I'm studying at the moment in Arizona, and I've seen this Apple Ale in the shop and bars, but not tried it yet. Is it like a cider???

Kind of. I personally prefer a Strongbow if I'm going for Cider. The Apple Ale is literally just that, an ale, just a very light hint of Apple to it. It is good, refreshing, but very light and you can drink a ton of them!

Which is also OK!

egan311

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2010
I was just talking to a bartender in my area about this and how difficult it is to get a hand on it, any wise advice?

It can be difficult. Since Founders is in Michigan, you probably have a better chance. Check their website for release info. Call local craft beer retailers and ask when they'll be getting a shipment, and if there is a bottle limit.

I was in line before the store opened at 8am (yes… there was a line).

Founders KBS is currently #5 on Beer Advocate's Top 250 Beers list.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
So I've only tried two Stouts ever.. One being the Guinness Extra Stout and the other being Sam Adams' Cream Stout.. Both were fine, I preferred the Cream Stout a tad bit more.. Is there any real good stouts that I should keep an eye out for?

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
Had two Sam Adams tonight. Love 'em, especially the Rebel IPA. Perhaps one of the best IPAs I've tasted yet. :p

I shared a pitcher of Cold Snap with some friends last week. I really enjoyed it!
--------------
This is what I've been drinking. [Not my picture]
FP-BottleGlass.jpg

Mattlike

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2007
Southern California
So I've only tried two Stouts ever.. One being the Guinness Extra Stout and the other being Sam Adams' Cream Stout.. Both were fine, I preferred the Cream Stout a tad bit more.. Is there any real good stouts that I should keep an eye out for?

I personally like Russian Imperial Stouts.
Old Rasputin
Stone Russian Imperial Stout
Founders Imperial Stout
Lagunitas Imperial Stout

to name a few. :)

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
I personally like Russian Imperial Stouts.
Old Rasputin
Stone Russian Imperial Stout
Founders Imperial Stout
Lagunitas Imperial Stout

to name a few. :)
Thanks, Matt. I will keep an eye out for these in the future! The Old Rasputin based on pics looks like a strong one. So I'll definitely keep an eye out for that. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.