Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
its the next HTC One (M9)!

kidding aside, its blurry enough so it must be real. who would even come up with office 2003 in a fake

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
3 Pictures taken of a computer screen showing a word document on what looks to be Word 2003 and as commented by others probably running on an XP machine. I have no clue about the validity, but I certainly hope that our iPhones are not being made in a factory driven by 10 year old computers. That alone is of more concern to me that the plausibility of the photo of a screen being a real iPhone.

Not saying these are valid, but you would be surprised as to how many manufacturing plants are still using XP. Alot more than you would think.

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
I moved the post after reading your comments. I initially did iOS blog because I think the images look a bit off because of the flash, but we're always 100% open to your guys' suggestions and I agree this is probably more interesting than the lawsuit that was at the top of the front page.

Don't be mislead by the flash. Who is to say Apple couldn't get the features of TruTone into a single round flash?

These leaks look relatively consistent with the previous dimensional drawings (which also had a round flash).

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
3 Pictures taken of a computer screen showing a word document on what looks to be Word 2003 and as commented by others probably running on an XP machine. I have no clue about the validity, but I certainly hope that our iPhones are not being made in a factory driven by 10 year old computers. That alone is of more concern to me that the plausibility of the photo of a screen being a real iPhone.

How does it matter if your device is made in a factory using '10 year old computers'? At the end of the day, you're getting a great product that is quite competitive in its own field.
My dad has a lot of manufacturing experience and prefers the old look of his Windows 7 running laptop.. Says he finds that look more user friendly. That doesn't mean the products he's designing are old too.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Not saying these are valid, but you would be surprised as to how many manufacturing plants are still using XP. Alot more than you would think.

we still had Windows ME on some of those computers in a big factory i used to work at during the summer like 2 years ago

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
Why do actual Apple rumors always end up on the 2nd page, while stuff like analyst speculation / lawsuits / amateur renderings / new products from competitors go on the front page?

More views and more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I would rather sacrifice the 1-2mm of added thinness to have the camera lens flush with the back of the phone.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
more pictures:

macgpic-1396271269-15776736435078-op.jpg

macgpic-1396271626-16133224543348-op.jpg

macgpic-1396271504-16011582731235-sc-op.jpg

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma

Whatever works for them works for me. I don't see any reason the age of the machine—as long as it does what it needs to do—should be a concern.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009

Files are allowed to be transferred. It could have been on a newer machine, but the leak-er wanted to go on a machine not connected to him and he chose an XP machine with Office 2003.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
its the next HTC One (M9)!

kidding aside, its blurry enough so it must be real. who would even come up with office 2003 in a fake

That was my first thought too. But I actually really like the design of the HTC One, so I'd be okay with this being what the next iPhone looks like (though I prefer the rendering from the other post with the glass back).

Attachments

• HTC-One.jpg
    HTC-One.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 109

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
If the new iPhone looks like the current gen iPod Touch, then it would be perfect.

but seriously, what's with the top and bottom pieces, these are ugly to begin with, but adding matching color to it kinda emphasizes "hey look, this part is separated from the rest of the body!!! look me look me!!!"

Please Apple, what happen to the simple design of 3GS? that thing was a beauty with one piece back and one piece front (maybe the edge bezel is the third piece but that's somewhat arguable" and THAT WAS IT. iPhone 4 and 4S was a step back in design IMHO, but they were OK. two glasses and one mid frame, not bad.

5 and 5S? the front looks very clean, especialy with the touch ID on 5S, superior. The back? meh, if it was one piece of solid casing, it would be way better.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
What's up with those weird looking white stripes on the back top and bottom?

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I do know of at least one major high tech company in the US that has some equipment controlled by systems using Windows 98, NT and XP. I suspect there are many others.

nicroma

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Midwest, USA
I do know of at least one major high tech company in the US that has some equipment controlled by systems using Windows 98, NT and XP. I suspect there are many others.

You are correct. Even though it seems people on here would like to hear otherwise, many companies are still running very old systems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.