Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacHeist's Apple Design Award Bundle is currently available for purchase, combining nine different apps that have won Apple Design Awards in the past. The apps have a retail value of $1,776, but can be purchased for $19.99. While seven of the apps are immediately available, the final two will be unlocked when specific sales targets are reached.

macheistappleawardbundle.jpg
The Apple Design Award Bundle includes:

- BoinxTV ($499 value)
- MacJournal ($40 value)
- Toon Boom Studio ($249 value)
- AccountEdge Pro ($399 value)
- iSale ($25 value)
- Picturesque ($15 value)
- Starry Night Pro ($150 value)
- Xojo Desktop ($300 value)

Xojo Desktop is locked until 10,000 bundles have been sold and the ninth app, which has yet to be announced, will be unlocked at an unspecified sales target. The app shadow is a video camera, hinting at a video recording or editing app.

The bundle can be purchased from the MacHeist website for $19.99, with 10 percent of sales going directly to charity.

Article Link: MacHeist Apple Design Award Bundle Offers 9 Mac Apps for $20

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Is that "charity" called MacRumors by any chance?

You choose your charity when you check out. MacHeist lets you pick from the following:

Action Against Hunger, American Foundation for AIDS Research, Friends of the Earth, American Red Cross, Humane Society International, The Nature Conservancy, Save the Children, Global Fund for Women, Cancer Research Institute, or the World Wildlife Fund.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I bought it for Toon Boom Studio. I am finishing my animation certificate in May, and it was something I was looking at going forward since I'm getting rid of my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, and such, ditching Adobe Flash. $20 is a freaking steal.

jtrauscht

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
It would be worth it for ToonBoom alone, but ScreenFlow makes this a no-brainer. Both apps are fantastic at what they do. (I just wish I didn't just upgrade my ScreenFlow for $30!)

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
I've never even heard of any of these... but charity is charity I guess...

I've never seen a video camera with film reels on top.

I would imagine that would be both really inconvenient to transport and ridiculously top-heavy.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
BoinxTV is certainly an interesting app. Purchased the bundle to have a play and see whether I can integrate this in a project im working on. What I am really wondering is whether I will get the hidden apps once I have paid and purchased the bundle?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It would be worth it for ToonBoom alone, but ScreenFlow makes this a no-brainer. Both apps are fantastic at what they do. (I just wish I didn't just upgrade my ScreenFlow for $30!)

Pretty excited to check out ScreenFlow. Looks great. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet.

Been playing with Toon Boom for a bit now. Wow, wow, WOW. The interface is awesome. Absolutely LOVE the full screen drawing workspace. The brush works day and night compared to Adobe's one, so much smoother. I also love that I can make a color palette that sits on the side to work with.

Again, what a steal for $20. Downloaded all the documentation, and will know it in and out by a few months time.

BoinxTV is certainly an interesting app. Purchased the bundle to have a play and see whether I can integrate this in a project im working on. What I am really wondering is whether I will get the hidden apps once I have paid and purchased the bundle?

Yeah, in a few days. They usually do it that way to get people talking about the bundles.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I'm getting this just for xojo desktop. I hope 10,000 people do this!

Last edited:

SoApple

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Has anyone used xojo desktop?
Is it any good for ios apps and easy to use?

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
They should give up on the bundle.
It's seems like they are just much the same bundle as the last bundle.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This bundle seems a bit better than some recently, and at a low price, so I picked it up. Excited to try these out!

NewtonAurelius

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Orlando, Florida
Wow, AccountEdge Pro for $19.99 is just awesome. I was considering getting their AccountEdge Basic for $99, but to get the Pro ($399) version, along with the other software titles, all for twenty bucks is a great deal.

As far as accounting systems on the Mac, you either battle the awful Quickbooks Mac, use the good Quickbooks PC version through a windows emulator/bootcamp setup, or to remain solely on Mac you use AccountEdge.

The best thing about AccountEdge over Quickbooks is that you don't need a degree in accounting to make full use of it; just about any small business owner will benefit from its simplicity.

Also, I have always wanted an excuse to get Starry Night Pro.

Actually, is this offer real? I am thinking about the proverb "things too good to be true usually are", and I am wondering if that applies here. I don't have any past experience with MacHeist, are these people legitimate?

----------

Starry Night Pro for $20? Heck yes!

That was also my thought. I do not recall Starry Night Pro ever being offered at this low a price before, so I am excited to get a copy.

SolarShane

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014

Xojo for 19.99?

Too bad I already bough a license a while back. (October 13') I also wish MH would start including the rarer choice that is Xojo Web.

If you want to start coding apps, then this is the best language to use. You can even declare Cocoa stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.