Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Newest update 1.34 has added the US!!

With them come Anti-Tank rockets and semi-auto rifles.

Great to time subscribe, or get back in!

This game is in its 11th year of operation!

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
FREE PLAY!!

Not all units available, but something to start with.

Also 2 paid levels, varies with how much involved you are.

Rapid Assault
CoD / MoH style combat for a quick blast of action.

Red Cube

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
Forgot to note, BGE had its 12 birthday a couple weeks back!

Still going.

Jeez, Practical, you sure don't want this to die! I've heard of this MMO, probably from this thread a long time ago, but isn't it really that optimized, right? Because of how it loads the world? Looks great anyhow.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Jeez, Practical, you sure don't want this to die! I've heard of this MMO, probably from this thread a long time ago, but isn't it really that optimized, right? Because of how it loads the world? Looks great anyhow.

Since 2002 CRS has continued to produce the Mac version and did best to keep it current. A couple of times they almost had to stop, but always pulled though and released updates with PC version.
That kind of dedication from a tiny company (only 14 employees) deserves recognition.

Yes, some aspects of the game show the age, some of the models are clearly blocky and ugly, but the game environment is arguably the best out there, the largest continuous map and true combined arms action (vehicles, aircraft, ships, and infantry).

Their are some contenders, but it may be some time before they reach a comparable level.

Red Cube, could you please Grennlight BGE on Steam? It seems to be just short of the goal.
Thanks.

Red Cube

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
Since 2002 CRS has continued to produce the Mac version and did best to keep it current. A couple of times they almost had to stop, but always pulled though and released updates with PC version.
That kind of dedication from a tiny company (only 14 employees) deserves recognition.

Yes, some aspects of the game show the age, some of the models are clearly blocky and ugly, but the game environment is arguably the best out there, the largest continuous map and true combined arms action (vehicles, aircraft, ships, and infantry).

Their are some contenders, but it may be some time before they reach a comparable level.

Red Cube, could you please Grennlight BGE on Steam? It seems to be just short of the goal.
Thanks.

Sure! I love the game so far, and I'd love to help Greenlight it.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
As 2013 comes to close, BGE is still chugging along despite competition from new games.

They are preparing for full Steam support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.