Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
With the great news that dead island was ported to the mac, I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to transfer/sync the progress made on windows/steam-cloud version to the mac version

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Here is a Steam forum link. You might try transferring a save game file from your PC to your Mac but I read in another link that it's possible you'll get a corrupt file message for the save, but worth a shot.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<id>\91310\remote\out\save\sa ve_0.sar

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Here is a Steam forum link. You might try transferring a save game file from your PC to your Mac but I read in another link that it's possible you'll get a corrupt file message for the save, but worth a shot.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<id>\91310\remote\out\save\sa ve_0.sar

Awesome, I will give this a try! Thank you!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Awesome, I will give this a try! Thank you!

You'll have to figure out where Steam save games are on the Mac side. This thread might provide a hint:

Library/Application Support/Dead Island

BTW, the library in Mavericks is invisible. Find it by click on help in the finder, type library, and ti will become visible in your Go menu.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
BTW, the library in Mavericks is invisible. Find it by click on help in the finder, type library, and ti will become visible in your Go menu.

Or just option click the go menu. In view options for the folder you can also set it to appear permanently.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Dead Island supports Steam Cloud, so if you have that enabled on your Windows installation, the savegame files should automatically download to your Mac.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
You'll have to figure out where Steam save games are on the Mac side. This thread might provide a hint:

Library/Application Support/Dead Island

Yeah I have my Library unhidden already, thanks again! I cant wait to get home so I can try it and/or just play it

----------

Dead Island supports Steam Cloud, so if you have that enabled on your Windows installation, the savegame files should automatically download to your Mac.

Yeah it 'should'. My windows version synced no problem, any computer I use it on saves my progress. For some reason the mac version didnt pull my progress from the cloud. Dont know if its an early port issue or not, but Im going to try and work around it :D

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
My windows version synced no problem, any computer I use it on saves my progress. For some reason the mac version didnt pull my progress from the cloud. Dont know if its an early port issue or not, but Im going to try and work around it :D

If it didn't sync it's most likely incompatible. This is the case for Tomb Raider, and many games, sadly.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
Yeah I have my Library unhidden already, thanks again! I cant wait to get home so I can try it and/or just play it

----------

Yeah it 'should'. My windows version synced no problem, any computer I use it on saves my progress. For some reason the mac version didnt pull my progress from the cloud. Dont know if its an early port issue or not, but Im going to try and work around it :D

any luck on this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.