Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Hi all,

I have a hopefully simple question. I'm in the late game of Civ5, and upon obtaining the Fission (or something like that) technology, the Game Map revealed a couple of Uranium deposits to me.

Given that I have conquered roughly 1/3rd of the earth's known land mass at this point, I was revealed only 2 uranium sites. Rare I guess. The first spot was in a far corner of my empire, located in my small Babylonian province/enclave that was established to harass the mighty Gigantic American Empire (Autocratic rule LOLOL) right in his backyard.

But the second spot? Uhhh, the second uranium deposit was right exactly under my 2nd largest city of Akkad. Ugh. So my dilemma is, how the hell do I "mine" the uranium sitting right under a huge metropolis? Is this a bug, or did the game really intend to reveal random placements of uranium deposits late in the game, when much of the planet is already over-developed and covered with urban infrastructure?

thx for any response

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Hi all,

I have a hopefully simple question. I'm in the late game of Civ5, and upon obtaining the Fission (or something like that) technology, the Game Map revealed a couple of Uranium deposits to me.

Given that I have conquered roughly 1/3rd of the earth's known land mass at this point, I was revealed only 2 uranium sites. Rare I guess. The first spot was in a far corner of my empire, located in my small Babylonian province/enclave that was established to harass the mighty Gigantic American Empire (Autocratic rule LOLOL) right in his backyard.

But the second spot? Uhhh, the second uranium deposit was right exactly under my 2nd largest city of Akkad. Ugh. So my dilemma is, how the hell do I "mine" the uranium sitting right under a huge metropolis? Is this a bug, or did the game really intend to reveal random placements of uranium deposits late in the game, when much of the planet is already over-developed and covered with urban infrastructure?

thx for any response

Do you have the city "work" that tile (in the city view)?

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
You don't need to mine it if it's on a hex that's occupied with a city. You'll automatically gain access to the resource. I believe the same is true for academies, manufactories, custom houses etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.