Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You mean someone could of dropped the rock out of the plane?? ;) Listening to the video it made me want to say "They're not Swedish, Mac, they're Norwegian". :)

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
What are the odds that meteorite landed in a pig farm right next to a curious pig? ;)

It is now believed that the "meteorite" was actually just a small rock that got caught up in the parachute canopy. Skydivers report debris falling out of their chutes quite frequently. And you'll notice the fact that the rock appears immediately after he pulls the ripcord.

Unusual events do happen. The odds against me or you winning the Lottery are astronomical - and yet somebody does win it every couple of weeks.

One problem with this meteorite story is that the odds against such an event ever happening are beyond astronomical.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Am I the only one that thinks this could be a flimflam video because if this was a true meteorite it would have been blackened from the high speed entry?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.