Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goitsme48

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
IF this is it, bring it on. I am in for ??? (4.7 or big one) hmmmm, decisions decisions...

RokkAdam

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2014
Icons incorrect

Only thing that lets these renderings down is that the icons on the larger phones wouldn't simply get bigger, there would be more of them - as happened from 3GS to 4.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Some of us aren't:

- women with giant $1000 suitcase purses
- farmers with that big front overalls pocket
- hip hoppers with pants 10 sizes too big
- kangaroos

Apple please make a phone I can fit in my normal sized 'white guy with no rhythm' pockets!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
They look amazing and definitely in the style of Apple, an understandable evolution. I LOVE that edge to edge display...I really want a bigger iPhone.

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
Looks good, but I think the camera and flash should be just a little more to the left

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
At glance seems like Samsung-ish... Hmm.. hopefully bigger screen can provide unique benefit instead of bigger fonts and view only...

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
What ever you do Apple please do not move the lock button to the top left ... i will never get used to it.

bradgfromboo

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
Some of us aren't:

- women with giant $1000 suitcase purses
- farmers with that big front overalls pocket
- hip hoppers with pants 10 sizes too big
- kangaroos

Apple please make a phone I can fit in my normal sized 'white guy with no rhythm' pockets!

Unless you're the "white guy with no rythm" with "Skinny white girl butt jeans" you shouldn't have a problem. I'm guessing you get your clothes in the woman's section? Maybe wears daisy dukes? Possibly "tiny girl hands?"

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
It looks more like a 5C and less like a 5s, why is the bezel so thick along the edges of the front? Thats a step back IMO. Design looks good, but the rendering makes me cringe

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
At glance seems like Samsung-ish... Hmm.. hopefully bigger screen can provide unique benefit instead of bigger fonts and view only...

Actually, being EASIER TO SEE is the only good reason to make a phone any bigger.

Need real estate? Get iPad.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
What ever you do Apple please do not move the lock button to the top left ... i will never get used to it.

Neither will I, but for a right handed person it would actually be much better in the top left. Holding it in your right hand, you could easily slide your index finger up to click it.

quantumphysics

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
actually, the power on/off button on the top left feels more natural using my left hand. less extending of the index finger to the right side.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Basically a new iPod touch?

Basically a totally nonsensical comment?

The design is pristine. I think Apple finally got a good one.

Worlds better than the total ridiculousness of iPhone 4, 4S, 5 & 5s.

The 5c is a good design. This one looks even better.

zhugzug

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2013
This will present a problem for me with pre-orders, I wouldn't know which size to choose.

Are there any Android phones the same size so I can sneak into a shop and hold them?

I think my best estimate is the Iphone 6 with 4.7 will be about as big as the HTC One.
and the 6 with the 5.7 will be about as big as the note 2.

blcamp

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I See 3 Problems Here...

One, the camera. I don't believe there will (or should) be a protruding camera. Looks bad, and will feel bad, snagging on various things in close proximity.

Two... a 4.7" screen makes sense, a "phablet", doesn't. The former will begin to mildly cannibalize iPad minis... the latter will really take out a chunk of that market. (And both will put the Touch market further into decline already.) I'm not seeing much upside to this other than holding off Samsung, and for not much profit. Apple's not really known for playing defense, is it?

Three... whither the dual-led flash...?

Last edited:

Blueflame1138

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I think that this looks like a possibility for the lower price model of iPhone rather than the top end.

No two tone flash - in 5S but not 5C
It doesn't look as if it could free stand either. So FaceTime can only be done with it held in your hand, on it's back or in a cradle/dock.

Or, of course, it could be just so much imagine-ware (most likely).

As usual we will have to wait for WWDC for the big reveal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.