Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We received a report that someone was getting offered to be notified if they report a problem on the Apple Maps app.

I haven't been able to verify. Can people tell me if their Apple Maps offers this when they report a problem? If so, please post a screenshot.

thanks
arn

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
Earlier today I noticed I was able to be notified. I tried again now and do not see it

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I've been able to report five POI problems and have had the Notification option each time.

Here's hoping they're fixed quickly!

iOSBry

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
What kind of notification is it? An email? A push from the maps app?
It's a standard push notification that indicates that your problem/submission has or has not been fixed.

I should note that it will be shown as coming from the Maps app and in some of the screenshots I've seen, it shows the area that's fixed.

iOSBry

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I've been able to report five POI problems and have had the Notification option each time.

Here's hoping they're fixed quickly!

iOSBry
Woot! I received five push notifications today indicating my Maps problem submissions had been resolved. Each included a link to the resolution in the Maps app!

They were fixed in less than two days!

iOSBry

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
Woot! I received five push notifications today indicating my Maps problem submissions had been resolved. Each included a link to the resolution in the Maps app!

They were fixed in less than two days!

iOSBry

I got the same thing today!

However I'm no longer given the option of being notified when I submit more errors

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
Today I'm able to ask for notifications again

Edit: and now I no longer have the option

Last edited:

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
Soooo, then you can only do one notification per day?

I was able to do at least 10 today before it stopped showing. Maybe there's a limit or they do it during certain times of the day as a trial before a bigger launch

Edit: also it only worked with incorrect information, incorrect pin location, or missing location. I tried fixing the name of both a harbor and a street near me and it didn't offer notifications for that.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I was able to do at least 10 today before it stopped showing. Maybe there's a limit or they do it during certain times of the day as a trial before a bigger launch

Edit: also it only worked with incorrect information, incorrect pin location, or missing location. I tried fixing the name of both a harbor and a street near me and it didn't offer notifications for that.
I was able to correct another 5 POI's today before the "Notify" option became unavailable.

iOSBry

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I was able to correct another 5 POI's today before the "Notify" option became unavailable.

iOSBry
I'm now up to 25 or so corrections today and still have the "Notify Me" option when submitting a Maps POI correction - I'm tired of submitting them for now.

I've been getting Maps correction notifications every day or two now! They seem to be on the ball, finally! #

I encourage others to get to submitting your corrections, pronto! #

iOSBry

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm now up to 25 or so corrections today and still have the "Notify Me" option when submitting a Maps POI correction - I'm tired of submitting them for now.

I've been getting Maps correction notifications every day or two now! They seem to be on the ball, finally! #

I encourage others to get to submitting your corrections, pronto! #

iOSBry
What sort of map corrections are these that there are so many consistently? I can't really say that I've ran into anything odd in quite a long time with Apple Maps, and even when I did or do, it's rather rare.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
What sort of map corrections are these that there are so many consistently? I can't really say that I've ran into anything odd in quite a long time with Apple Maps, and even when I did or do, it's rather rare.
They were a combination of misplaced POI's, Closed Businesses and New Businesses.

In the Chicago area, there are lots of misplaced POI's such as the POI is in the middle of the road or down the road/street from where it's actually located.

I'd be surprised if you don't have misplaced POI's in your area.

iOSBry

Last edited:

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
I submitted about 10 clearly egregious errors when this thread first popped up.

No notifications, and none of the errors have been fixed.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I submitted about 10 clearly egregious errors when this thread first popped up.

No notifications, and none of the errors have been fixed.
Did/do you have the "Notify Me" option when submitting? If not, it appears those people with that option are the only ones seeing their submissions addressed/fixed within a day or two.

Out of the first 20 or so that I've submitted in the last few weeks, I've had 16 confirmed fixed! I submitted a bunch more today and had the "Notify Me" option each time.

iOSBry

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Did/do you have the "Notify Me" option when submitting? If not, it appears those people with that option are the only ones seeing their submissions addressed/fixed within a day or two.

Out of the first 20 or so that I've submitted in the last few weeks, I've had 16 confirmed fixed! I submitted a bunch more today and had the "Notify Me" option each time.

iOSBry

I'm trying to figure out how/why you got the option to "Notify Me", because it doesn't show up for my iPhone or iPad.

Do you have Frequent Locations on?

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I'm trying to figure out how/why you got the option to "Notify Me", because it doesn't show up for my iPhone or iPad.

Do you have Frequent Locations on?
Yes but I don't believe that has anything to do with why I have it. See this - https://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/09/apple-testing-maps-notifications-to-inform-users-of-fixed-problems/.

iOSBry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.