Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Junecloud has updated its popular delivery notification app Delivery Status touch to version 5.1, bringing a revamped notification system, a large number of fixes, support for new features, and more.

The app now includes a revamped background notification system that informs users of packages in transit more frequently and makes non-essential updates less frequent, with badges now representing all notifications. Support for Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts, manual sorting, and swipe to delete while searching is also included, along with various bug fixes that address issues with iOS 7.1, AirDrop, and iCloud.

deliverystatustouch_ios7-800x469.jpg
- Improved background notifications--updates are more frequent when they're needed, less frequent when they're not. We've also gotten rid of some unnecessary notifications, and fixed some problems where notifications weren't appearing when they should.
- Badges are now shown for background notifications. If you don't want them, just open the Settings app, tap Notification Center, find Deliveries in the list, and update your settings there.
- “Delivered” notifications now start with a checkmark to make them immediately clear.
- Manual sorting is back.
- The "..." menu now includes an option to Archive--or Delete for already archived items.
- You can now type a space in the search field to show everything.
- You can now swipe to delete an archived delivery while searching.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Bluetooth keyboards in iOS 7. ?N: add a new delivery. ?F: search. ?: close the current view or cancel search.
- iCloud improvements.
- Fixed various display quirks on iOS 7.1.
Originally launched in 2008, Delivery Status touch saw its last major update this past October which added a redesigned interface for iOS 7 and new features such as background notifications for tracking info, iCloud sync, and barcode scanning.

Delivery Status touch is a $4.99 app for iOS devices and can be downloaded through the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Delivery Status Touch Updated with Revamped Background Notifications, Various Bug Fixes

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I haven't used it in a while, but I do remember using it on my 2nd Gen iPod touch with iPhone OS 2. Good times!

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
This is one of the greatest apps on my phone.

I've been using it for years and have had no complaints. Very useful and well designed.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Is it just me or are push notifications still not working on iOS? I'm using an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

Notifications with this app have been broken for me for months now. I updated to the latest version of this app last night, went to bed, woke up this morning and I had three new notifications on my Mac from the Delivery Status widget but I had zero notifications on my iPhone.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the iPhone app about an hour ago and it seemed to remember my Junecloud sync credentials somehow because when I opened the app after reinstalling it, it asked if I wanted to log in with my Junecloud sync account information. Not sure how it's remembering my Junecloud sync credentials after an uninstall of the app since I thought deleting an app from an iPhone removed all data associated with the app.

Notifications are (and have always been) enabled in Notification Center with banners and sounds but notifications on my iPhone still aren't happening. Really disappointed that the Junecloud folks can't seem to make iOS notifications work even after they claim to have fixed the problem.

EDIT: Also, according to the app upgrade description: "Improved background notifications -- updates are more frequent when they're needed, less frequent when they're not."

What the heck does that even mean?! There's no way for the user to know when the app has apparently decided that a notification is "needed" vs. "not needed". If I'm tracking a shipment in the app, it means I want to be notified of its progress, period. Junecloud seems to have really missed the mark yet again.

Last edited:

octothorpe8

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2014
They also make an OS X dashboard widget that syncs perfectly with the app and pushes notifications to your desktop as well.

grahamwright1

Cancelled
Feb 10, 2008
I'm sure it's great but I'm not buying an app for $4.99

What's wrong with supporting developers that deliver quality products and functionality that you need?

I'm genuinely confused at this attitude that the price of a Starbucks coffee is too much to pay for an application that may be used every day. Hopefully you can enlighten me....

P.S. This is a seriously useful app and having both iOS and OSX versions is really useful to me. One of the best $4.99 I ever spent!

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
I buy apps almost daily. I think that the average price should be 1.99 on the high and .99 on the low. I have absolutely no issue supporting a dev. I just think it's greedy to charge more. In fact, I see it at bad publicity to charge more, people like me are less likely to buy it so in turn let's say they lose 50% sales to pirates or no downloads and therefore make the same revenue as if they had charged 1.99.

Edit: this can also be done in a browser for free so in this case I feel even more strongly.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I buy apps almost daily. I think that the average price should be 1.99 on the high and .99 on the low. I have absolutely no issue supporting a dev. I just think it's greedy to charge more. In fact, I see it at bad publicity to charge more, people like me are less likely to buy it so in turn let's say they lose 50% sales to pirates or no downloads and therefore make the same revenue as if they had charged 1.99.

Edit: this can also be done in a browser for free so in this case I feel even more strongly.

I think this app has always been a tad more expensive than other solutions because the dev. runs a server (Junecloud) that syncs your info between the OS X widget and the iOS apps, and he has to pay for that. With that in mind, I have always thought the cost was reasonable.

I assume Slice and others that do this through a web browser are selling ad space on their pages to pay for the service.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
I bought this app in 2008 for $0.99. That was version 2.0 and it is now on version 5.1. The developer has been top notch in my opinion. He has delivered major releases without asking for me to "upgrade" - they have all been free. The universal version was also a free upgrade. It's nice that he take care of the earlier adopters.

This is a welcome change from many app developers that charge you for major updates to their app or iPad versions.

I have been very happy with this app and while I am curious about slice, I have no need to switch. For those that did not buy the app way back when, $5 may be too much to pay for an app that tracks your packages, when there are cheaper/free alternatives out there. But I just wanted to lend my support to the developer because I think many people don't know the history of behind this app.

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
I use this app frequently. Love it. Great app. Developer is top notch.

----------

I bought this app in 2008 for $0.99. That was version 2.0 and it is now on version 5.1. The developer has been top notch in my opinion. He has delivered major releases without asking for me to "upgrade" - they have all been free. The universal version was also a free upgrade. It's nice that he take care of the earlier adopters.

This is a welcome change from many app developers that charge you for major updates to their app or iPad versions.

I have been very happy with this app and while I am curious about slice, I have no need to switch. For those that did not buy the app way back when, $5 may be too much to pay for an app that tracks your packages, when there are cheaper/free alternatives out there. But I just wanted to lend my support to the developer because I think many people don't know the history of behind this app.

I think I bought it for free or reduced price. It was just in the last year. Yes, it's a great app!

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Is it just me or are push notifications still not working on iOS? I'm using an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

Notifications with this app have been broken for me for months now. I updated to the latest version of this app last night, went to bed, woke up this morning and I had three new notifications on my Mac from the Delivery Status widget but I had zero notifications on my iPhone.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the iPhone app about an hour ago and it seemed to remember my Junecloud sync credentials somehow because when I opened the app after reinstalling it, it asked if I wanted to log in with my Junecloud sync account information. Not sure how it's remembering my Junecloud sync credentials after an uninstall of the app since I thought deleting an app from an iPhone removed all data associated with the app.

Notifications are (and have always been) enabled in Notification Center with banners and sounds but notifications on my iPhone still aren't happening. Really disappointed that the Junecloud folks can't seem to make iOS notifications work even after they claim to have fixed the problem.

EDIT: Also, according to the app upgrade description: "Improved background notifications -- updates are more frequent when they're needed, less frequent when they're not."

What the heck does that even mean?! There's no way for the user to know when the app has apparently decided that a notification is "needed" vs. "not needed". If I'm tracking a shipment in the app, it means I want to be notified of its progress, period. Junecloud seems to have really missed the mark yet again.

I absolutely agree with you ! Still no notifications on my iphone, same phone & iOS as yours .
I decided to give it another try with the new update but nothing has changed .
The widget works fine on my Mac . I am using Parcel App and it works flawlessly

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I absolutely agree with you ! Still no notifications on my iphone, same phone & iOS as yours .
I decided to give it another try with the new update but nothing has changed .
The widget works fine on my Mac . I am using Parcel App and it works flawlessly

The way Notifications work changed a bit with iOS7 and I noticed a comment on that in one of the Delivery Status iOS updates. If you just enable it in Notifications it won't work... you need to also go to Settings/General/Background App Refresh and turn it on for Delivery Status.

I have it turned off to save battery life, so cannot confirm this will work, but from the release notes this appeared to be what is required.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
The way Notifications work changed a bit with iOS7 and I noticed a comment on that in one of the Delivery Status iOS updates. If you just enable it in Notifications it won't work... you need to also go to Settings/General/Background App Refresh and turn it on for Delivery Status.

I have it turned off to save battery life, so cannot confirm this will work, but from the release notes this appeared to be what is required.

I've tried that , it doesn't change a thing !

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010

I already have Background App Refresh enabled for the Deliveries app. I've always had it enabled. Never turned it off. Still not getting any push notifications from the app.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
You might try contacted the dev. here.

That also I tried but the "tips" they sent me are useless . This was a wonderful app before the update about 6 month ago , it worked perfectly. As they say , " Why fix something that isn't broken ?" I'm disappointed in them but it's not the end of the world ;-)
With Parcel App I am using since then , notifications are immediate . It's free for 3 deliveries and $2 a year for more if needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.