Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
Kept water in, not out

I bought a nice respected brand watch about 35 years ago. Ana-dgi they called it…… analogue dial, and digital date, timer and such. It was supposedly waterproof to 100 metres.

I never did more than wash my hands, and walk in the rain with it on, but somehow water got in, just outside the warranty period. I got it repaired, but once again water got in.

I chucked it and have not worn a watch since.

Pock

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Beds/Cambs, UK
Traser Shade

traser_shade_sapphire_night.jpg

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Could you please tell me what series model yours is?

It's the Random Ghost (SUOK111). It's really luck of the draw as to whether you get a 'decent' looking one or not, as they're randomly put together;

SWATCH_RANDOM_GHOST_parts.jpg

I got lucky with mine, as it consists mainly of brass/red with silver & gold. On the flip side I could've got bright pink & turquoise parts. I don't think I'd go out & buy one myself (mine was a gift) as I could end up £50 down with a garishly ugly watch, however some of the more 'conservative' combinations look really nice.

If you want to eliminate the random side of it there are Gold and Black variants of the Ghost.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Deciding between picking up a Breitling 01 (40mm) or a Breitling Montbrillant Datora (42mm). Love the face of the 01 but the size of the Datora. Hrm.

Breitling Montbrillant 01
ab013012g709-ss_main.jpg

Breitling Montbrillant Datora
a2133012g746-ss_main.jpg

Any suggestions?

(Really want a white on white on stainless Transocean but cannot find one ANYWHERE)

Last edited:

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
Deciding between picking up a Breitling 01 (40mm) or a Breitling Montbrillant Datora (42mm). Love the face of the 01 but the size of the Datora. Hrm.

Any suggestions?

(Really want a white on white on stainless Transocean but cannot find one ANYWHERE)

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Looking at the Datora the color scheme is terrible (IMO)....when I look at my watch I don't want to have to let my eyes focus for 20 seconds to find the hands to tell what time it is.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009

Any suggestions?

At that price, I rather get a Speedy but if its only between those two, I rather go with the montbrillant 01.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
Personally the only Breitling I would ever want to buy is their most historically relevant watch, navitimer.
Everything else is meh.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Looking at the Datora the color scheme is terrible (IMO)....when I look at my watch I don't want to have to let my eyes focus for 20 seconds to find the hands to tell what time it is.

At that price, I rather get a Speedy but if its only between those two, I rather go with the montbrillant 01.

I'm with both of you on this; the first option - the 'montbrilliant 01' is much more attractive to the eye, and much 'cleaner' to look at. I suspect that it may also be more elegant on your wrist but try them both on your wrist to see which looks, and feels better.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
No, it's not just 'pretty nice' (unless that is masterly understatement), it is absolutely beautifully crafted and is an utterly exquisite timepiece.

haha. it's still just a battery wall clock.

now the real version (Reine de Naples) ... that's definitely a masterpiece.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.