Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

French site Nowhereelse.fr [Google Translation] has shared a photo of what are claimed to be batteries for the iPhone 6 spotted in a production tray. While the validity of the image cannot be confirmed, the batteries do appear to share similar physical characteristics with other iPhone batteries.

iphone_6_batteries_tray.jpg
As the report notes, however, the positioning of the iPhone 6's battery appears to be modified as a metallic section present on current batteries appears to be now integrated along the side. This would indicate a potentially new form factor for the iPhone 6.

A report last month indicated that Apple would begin producing all iPhone batteries on automated production lines starting later this year, allowing the company to shift its supply chain resources towards production efforts on other parts. If real, this new image would indicate that Apple has stepped up its battery production efforts ahead of the iPhone 6's launch.

The leak follows a number of others in recent weeks, including an image from earlier this morning that allegedly depicted the front panel of the iPhone 6 as well as several photos that showed manufacturing molds hinting at a larger-screen iPhone.

Apple's next-generation iPhone is expected to be unveiled this fall and has been rumored to launch in sizes of 4.7 and 5.5 inches. Various reports have noted that the 4.7 inch version will ship first, while the 5.5 inch version will ship sometime afterward due to production challenges.

Both models of the next-generation iPhone are also rumored to include a new A8 processor, Touch ID fingerprint sensor, and an enhanced camera with optical image stabilization. Jefferies analyst Peter Misek also noted yesterday that Apple is negotiating with wireless carriers to increase the price of the iPhone 6 by $100.

Article Link: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Photographed in Production Tray

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Hah, complaining this is a controlled leak? Could be... but... isn't it far more logical that:

Apple is a multibillion dollar company. Manufacturing and preparation has to start months ahead of an unveiling. As soon as preparations start, hundreds, if not thousands, of people get involved... and than something can leak out.

Edit: and even if it is a controlled leak. I'm excited. Recent leaks indicate, finally, that bigger iPhones with higher resolutions are coming. I think that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Battery leaks by apple. Apple battery leaks.

Im surprised a competitor /apple hater hasn't run with an ad/article or something because once implanted a thought is hard to remove in millions of people.

Maybe apples new ad company will run an ad campaign ,

:apple: unlike other companies our products don't leak.

Its truthful in a round about sort of way haha

the lawyers would have a fit? :D

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Looks kinda tall to me. I hope Apple understand that when I say I want a bigger phone, I mean I want a wider phone. A long thin iPhone does nothing to increase the size of text....

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
There just seem to be too many leaks to make these seem genuine. Someone in Foxxcon would have sen the leaks or apple would have and they would have done everything to stop it - not to let it carry on like they have! Anyway these seem to high quality for someone who would have had to take the photo quickly!

chinaboxer

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2012
They need a mold to produce the enclosure for the 4.7-inch model? Then it must be plastic. Namely, iPhone 6c. I won't buy the 4.7-inch model. I will wait for the 5.5-inch one.

constantsnags!

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
Aotearoa
Looks kinda tall to me. I hope Apple understand that when I say I want a bigger phone, I mean I want a wider phone. A long thin iPhone does nothing to increase the size of text....

That's true, but I'm having a hard time believing they'll happily give away the user's ability to easily reach most or all of the display with single handed use. I loved the Note, 2 and 3 but you cannot, unless you have massive shovel hands, reach all of the screen with one handed use. Major pain.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
That's true, but I'm having a hard time believing they'll happily give away the user's ability to easily reach most or all of the display with single handed use.

It's a compromise device. For folks who don't want or can't afford an ipad.

The rumored $100 price increase is consistent. $100 extra is easier to swallow if the purchaser convinces himself he doesn't need an ipad too.

And $100 pure profit for Apple offsets their loss of iPad sale. Win all round.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
This is getting ridiculous. So many leaks... come on!!

If there were no leaks you'd be like.... come on.. give me some rumours!

LOOOOLZ.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FREAKING AWESOME! Look at that battery, we're going to get some serious battery life outta this sucker when it comes out.

A8 Chip, Johnson ID, 2GB of ram (maybe), iOS 8... my mind is blown by how good this is going to be.

ONLY 5 MONTHS TO GO......

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Why Apple releasing these controlled leaks ? Are they genuinely this nervous ?

How do we know these are Apple leaks? It's not like people who work in these factories don't have access to cameras or the internet. Note that we got zero leaks of the Mac Pro, the one Apple product not mass produced in China.

constantsnags!

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
Aotearoa
It's a compromise device. For folks who don't want or can't afford an ipad.

The rumored $100 price increase is consistent. $100 extra is easier to swallow if the purchaser convinces himself he doesn't need an ipad too.

And $100 pure profit for Apple offsets their loss of iPad sale. Win all round.

Apple doesn't compromise. Ever (and that's from an ex employee).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.