Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you see Image retention on your rMBP with this test?

• Total voters

dikey

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2014
001.jpg
002.jpg

After watching a vedio for an hour ,the screen became this (these are the images of the previous game vedio of war3), the mac is ME865 ,I've heard this problem before ,but...does it mean I have to go to replace my mac?...

jalyst

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2009
View attachment 468748
View attachment 468749

After watching a vedio for an hour ,the screen became this (these are the images of the previous game vedio of war3), the mac is ME865 ,I've heard this problem before ,but...does it mean I have to go to replace my mac?...

Do some research, there's several things you can do to mitigate the issue, to the point you'll rarely notice it again.
I can't recall them all now, but if you do your homework you'll find them all...

m.bico

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2014
I ran the test and i can see it "very faint but i'm afraid of getting worse"..I had previously a retention of some dock icons and it went away after a day or so..i did the test and it's barely seen as i mentioned..it's faint but yet i can see the checkerboard squares "not all of them obvious like some" on white backgrounds during writing on full screen..Is there any way to make it totally disappear without going to apple stores? As in my country it's a really crappy service and nothing will be done based on previous experience with more serious older macbooks' problems.

I left a solid white screensaver run overnight and i believe it's better but it's still there.

Purchased Lcd scrub screensaver software and it's still there.

Heard about slideshow with all RGB and intermediate colors can fix it but didn't try it as many replied to be worsen after the slideshow.

Any help??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.