Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released iOS 7.1.1 to the public, a month and a half after releasing its first major update, iOS 7.1. While iOS 7.1 included several visual tweaks along with the addition of CarPlay, Siri improvements, and Touch ID enhancements, today's minor update focuses only on bug fixes.

iOS 7.1.1, labeled as build 11D201, offers additional improvements to Apple's Touch ID, fixes a bug that impacts keyboard responsiveness, and fixes a bug involving Bluetooth keyboards with VoiceOver enabled. The update also includes Safari support for some new top-level domains like .photo.

711.jpg
This update contains improvements, bug fixes and security updates, including:

- Further improvements to Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- Fixes a bug that could impact keyboard responsiveness
- Fixes an issue when using Bluetooth keyboards with VoiceOver enabled
iOS 7.1.1 can be downloaded via the software update tool in the settings menu on iOS devices.

Apple has also released a 6.1.1 update for the Apple TV.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 7.1.1 With Touch ID Improvements, Bug Fixes

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
Is the low framerate for Notification Center and Control Center when the phone is locked fixed?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Not showing for me but I look forward to further touch Id improvements, which tbh have been pretty damn great since 7.1!

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Wow, I had noticed a big improvement to Touch ID already after 7.1, now they say it will be even better? Nice :)

distemp

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I just had to have my usual fight with the fingerprint sensor to get my phone unlocked*. Hopefully that's the last time I'll have to deal with it but I'm not optimistic.

*Yes I know I can just use my passcode but it's the PRINCIPLE! Plus I'm insane.

trowho

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
Let's hope that they address some of the battery drain issues that came with iOS 7.1! Apple just sent me a new replacement iPhone 5S with iOS 7.0.6 yesterday due to the software draining the battery so quickly! Definitely reluctant to upgrade until I hear something positive on this issue.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Under 30 MBs. Installing over the air.

7.1 was already stable for Touch ID as far as I was concerned. AFAIWC... is that a thing?

Nickerbocker

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
I love that Apple sets a release date and all supported devices receive an update. Other companies should focus more on release dates as oppose to long, drawn out, roll outs.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
I just had to have my usual fight with the fingerprint sensor to get my phone unlocked*. Hopefully that's the last time I'll have to deal with it but I'm not optimistic.

*Yes I know I can just use my passcode but it's the PRINCIPLE! Plus I'm insane.

I'm going to give it a try, but I'm convinced my issues are hardware related.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
I haven't started to install the update yet. But I'm already feeling the improvement to the OS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.