Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following a concept that showed off a possible look at the iPhone 6 based on recent leaked info, French website Nowhereelse.fr [Google Translate] and graphic designer Martin Hajek have once again teamed up to showcase renders for an "iPhone 6s" and "iPhone 6c", which are based off of Apple's current iPhones and alleged iPhone 6 design drawings posted by Japanese magazine MacFan.

iphone6s6c3xx.jpg
The renderings show iPhone 6s devices in gold and space grey colors, which retain the same tint as seen in the corresponding iPhone 5s models but adopt the thin, rounded profile that has been rumored for the iPhone 6. Like the previous renders, the power button is located along the upper right side of the device, with the iPhone 6s sporting rectangular volume controls similar to that of the fifth-generation iPod touch.

iphone_6s6c2-800x450.jpg
Renders for an iPhone 6c concept are also shown, which depict the device in the same blue colorway adopted by the iPhone 5c. Like the iPhone 6s, the iPhone 6c appears to have the same rounded profile with similar button placements, but is shown with a glossy plastic enclosure instead of an aluminum one. The concept is also similar to iPhone 6c renderings done by designer Ferry Passchier, who we commissioned to rethink the rumored design of the iPhone 6 as if it were modeled after the iPhone 5c with colorful plastic backings.

iphoe_6s6c3-800x624.jpg
Apple is expected to launch the iPhone 6 later this year in two different sizes of 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. Recent reports have noted that the smaller 4.7-inch version will ship in the third quarter of 2014, while the larger version may ship later this year or early next year due to issues with the device's display and battery.

Along with a larger screen, both models of the next-generation iPhone are said to feature a thinner profile, new A8 processor, Touch ID fingerprint sensor and an improved camera with optical image stabilization. According to a claim from Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, Apple is also negotiating with carriers to increase the price of the iPhone 6 by $100.

Article Link: New Renders Show Off 'iPhone 6s' and 'iPhone 6c' Concepts

pancakedrawer

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
Melbourne
i can't see the iPhone C series being redesigned as often as the S series.

I think that it could be a 2 year release cycle and possible keep the smaller display for now too

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Am I the only person who noticed that the volume buttons on the iPhone 6 are on the wrong side of the front rendering?

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2011
Why can't they just do 5" for the smaller model like all flagship phones these days? Why go with 4.7" which is so 2012 and give another reason for Android and Windows phone users to make fun of the iPhone's inferior 'specs'? 5" seems like a great compromise between screen size for media consumption, in dash navigation, and portability.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Why can't they just do 5" for the smaller model like all flagship phones these days? Why go with 4.7" which is so 2012 and give another reason for Android and Windows phone users to make fun of the iPhone's inferior 'specs'? 5" seems like a great compromise between screen size for media consumption, in dash navigation, and portability.

so 2012. im assuming you left your :rolleyes: smiley out accidentally ?

Luckey Boots

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2013
I hate these round edges :mad:

Yep, completely agree.

Makes the phone feel like a toy, more iPod Touch style.

The flat edges mean you can rest the phone on its side without any kind of holder/tripod. Very useful when taking photos/videos hands free & also watching videos etc.

If they do go round curves, I'll be holding onto my 5S for much longer.

----------

Am I the only person who noticed that the volume buttons on the iPhone 6 are on the wrong side of the front rendering?

What makes it 'wrong'?

These are new designs, maybe the buttons will change sides in the 6 version?

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
The flat edges mean you can rest the phone on its side without any kind of holder/tripod. Very useful when taking photos/videos hands free & also watching videos etc.

They'll have an adaptor for that. $19.99

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I really like the 6c concept. But I'm sure it will be a crippled version of the 6s. I wish it had the same specs but the polycarbonate build.

As for the 6s concept: where would the antennae go?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
No way is there going to be a larger iPhone 5C this year.

They will keep the 4" factor for a good few years as not everybody wants a larger phone.

The next 'C' update is to put the 5S internals inside the 'C'. And that will probably be 2015.

A lower price 5C is for 2014 I think.

Also I keep seeing these renders on case designs but where is the proof they will drop the glass back? It can be a thinner phone with a glass plate still.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Yup, pretty sure I'll be sticking with my 5S, if these rumours and concepts resemble the released product.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
If Apple want to utilize the TouchID to revolutionize mobile payments, it seems to me that they'd include it with both models and not just the higher end one. Shouldn't they find something new to distinguish the higher end from the the lower end?

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
No way. I still think this design looks dated. It's much more likely that they'll follow the design cues from the iPads, with the chamfered edge front and rounded back. If they don't go for the regular straight edges with chamfering from the 5s.

Also, no side bezel at all just looks plain bad and likely isn't very practical either.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
I miss the glass separation already :( Fake concepts! :mad:

Interesting how tastes vary so widely. I absolutely hate the glass separation.
Obviously, no offense to you, but I can;t wait until they are completely gone from the design.

BTW, How do the antennas in the mockups work. Are the two horizontal lines, in the back of the phone, the actual antenna?

Anyone have any thoughts on how well this would work in the real world?

----------

I didn't. Nice find :)

----------

so 2012. im assuming you left your :rolleyes: smiley out accidentally ?

hahaha Nice!

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009

"It isn't what you do with it, it's the size that counts!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.