Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today unveiled a new section on its website dedicated to the "Powerful" ad that made its prime time television premiere on Tuesday. The commercial promotes the message that with the capabilities of the iPhone 5s "You're more powerful than you think."

powerful-website-apps.jpeg
The accompanying website continues this "Powerful" theme that promotes the iPhone 5s as having the power "to create, shape, and share your life. The power to do everyday things in extraordinary ways, and to do extraordinary things every day." The new page includes both a high-definition version of the television commercial as well as links to all the apps showcased in the advertisement. The apps include Star Walk [iTunes], Instant Heart Rate [iTunes], Word Lens [iTunes], AmpliTube [iTunes], Luminair [iTunes] and Pacific Rim [iTunes].

The "Powerful" ad features "Gigantic" by the Pixies [iTunes] playing in the background while iPhone 5s owners use their iPhone to play music, create art and even launch amateur rockets. This new television advertisement follows the company's earlier "Your Verse" campaign that showcases how individuals are using the iPad in amazing ways.

Article Link: Apple's New 'Powerful' iPhone 5s Micro-Site Profiles Apps from Latest TV Ad

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
I just realized that is spot is just a glorified version of "there's an app for that."

shto

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2014
Steve Jobs was saying something about this a long long time ago. I believe it went something like: Apple has a big marketing and advertising budget, but it is using it only for itself right now. How's about it would use it for promoting some of the apps made by developers...

So, great to see this, great to see Apple standing behind developers. Advertising their work.

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
This is one of the best ads I have seen from Apple since Steve passed, I want to see more like this.

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
I still prefer your verse ads - I felt realy impress with it and it takes you think the iPad is more than a web surfing tavlet but these new iPhone ads are just like normal ads which you see and don't feel any emotion from - that what made the your verse very good!

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Ever since that 'Better' TV ad I feel like Apple has stepped back up to it's A Game. This is another great example of that.

thisrocks

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Melbourne Australia
So powerful that I still can't attach a document to an existing email chain.

My dox are all in my OneDrive, so can always copy a link to clipboard ^_^

Have you tried sending a document via new email and then copying the attachment? It's a bit round-about but works fine for other attachment types...

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
My dox are all in my OneDrive, so can always copy a link to clipboard ^_^

Have you tried sending a document via new email and then copying the attachment? It's a bit round-about but works fine for other attachment types...

I'm aware of the workaround. Self described "powerful" tools shouldn't need workaround for something as basic as Reply All and insert document.

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Great. Now I have a grungy refrain of "Gigantic" running through my head. Odd how they name this thing "Powerful" when few will ever remember by that name.

The imagery of the commercial was great. The selection of showcased apps was intriguing. Unfortunately, I must be getting too old to appreciate the music track. :D

booyahbooyah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
Apple TV ads don't have a lot of brightness in them. They have dark backgrounds, generally low light, etc. Contrast that with Samsung TV ads. They're very bright. I kinda like bright.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Translation :

Apple : Please people, buy iPhone 5S's now , we need to run down stock before we announce the 6 and want to get as much money as we can for these before we have to sell them off "cheap" :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.