Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lou10bar

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2014
cobalt unlocking service

I attempted to have my I Phone 5C unlocked with Cobalt. The unlock was suppose to happen with in 5-7 days. I initiated the request on 4/07/2014, today is 4/22/2014 and the phone is still locked to AT&T. I am in the process once again of having to file a claim with pay pal to try and get my money back. I am not going to try anymore on line unlocking services. I went to an AT&T store and enrolled in the pay as you go plan. After 60 days on this pay as you go plan AT&T will unlock the phone free of charge. Simple as that!

Last edited:

heatfish

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2014
I attempted to have my I Phone 5C unlocked with Cobalt. The unlock was suppose to happen with in 5-7 days. I initiated the request on 4/07/2014, today is 4/22/2014 and the phone is still locked to AT&T. I am in the process once again of having to file a claim with pay pal to try and get my money back. I am not going to try anymore on line unlocking services. I went to an AT&T store and enrolled in the pay as you go plan. After 60 days on this pay as you go plan AT&T will unlock the phone free of charge. Simple as that!

I'm waiting to have a 5s unlocked right now by Cobalt. Has anyone had luck with them?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks to star_umair_2005
He is Most legit trusted guy to unlock iphones or anything just give a try you will love him awesome lovely guy <3
he have saved my phone man he is awesome I recommend to all my friends about this guy
very trusted lovely
thank you soo much
friendly awesome guy
100% my word he will unlock it within 48 hours
thank youuu man:apple:

April 2014 newbie, speaking in broken english, calling an unlocked his friend, and giving 100% his word that someone can do it? Wow... I have some money I inherited from the royal prince of Saudi Arabia that I can transfer you as a thank you, I just need your credit card number, bank account number, and you to first pay me $5000 for the transfer costs. OYE :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
April 2014 newbie, speaking in broken english, calling an unlocked his friend, and giving 100% his word that someone can do it? Wow... I have some money I inherited from the royal prince of Saudi Arabia that I can transfer you as a thank you, I just need your credit card number, bank account number, and you to first pay me $5000 for the transfer costs. OYE :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

haha, couldn't have put it any better

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado

But he is a lovely friend. Just lovely.

2macarena

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011

I didn't know they automatically unlock after 60 days on a prepay plan? Did you pay a full price for your iPhone 5C (not subsidized phone)? Because from my information this 60 day unlocking policy only applies to unsubsidized phones. I unlocked my 5S via Keys2iPhone without hassle but I have heard other people had problems with them too especially with in-contract iPhone. So it is kinda hit or miss I guess with these online unlocking providers.

lou10bar

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2014
AT&T IPhone unlock

I didn't know they automatically unlock after 60 days on a prepay plan? Did you pay a full price for your iPhone 5C (not subsidized phone)? Because from my information this 60 day unlocking policy only applies to unsubsidized phones. I unlocked my 5S via Keys2iPhone without hassle but I have heard other people had problems with them too especially with in-contract iPhone. So it is kinda hit or miss I guess with these online unlocking providers.

I bought the phone on ebay and paid the seller the full price. I kept running into a brick wall trying to get an unlock code online with no success. I spoke with a customer service rep who was knowledgeable enough to tell me about the pay as you go plan. After 60 days AT&T will unlock the phone.

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
I bought the phone on ebay and paid the seller the full price. I kept running into a brick wall trying to get an unlock code online with no success. I spoke with a customer service rep who was knowledgeable enough to tell me about the pay as you go plan. After 60 days AT&T will unlock the phone.

They are suggesting, however in most cases despite having active account for 60 days they will not honor the unlock as they will find the reason being "not original owner". you are welcome to try and report back results as It would be helpful for many here on the forum but knowing AT&T and the changes its implemented, it has made those reps who are willing to help, helpless.

fundoo4u

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2014
iphone 5s

Hi, I bought iPhone 5s from someone from craigslist, without doing lot of research as i was Android guys and planning to buy iPhone.

I paid lot of money as this device was brand new and activated just 1 week back, on the same night i did restore, now its stuck with " This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID. Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.

What solution i have now? any suggestion highly appreciated.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Hi, I bought iPhone 5s from someone from craigslist, without doing lot of research as i was Android guys and planning to buy iPhone.

I paid lot of money as this device was brand new and activated just 1 week back, on the same night i did restore, now its stuck with " This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID. Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.

Get in touch with the seller.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado

All you can do is contact the previous owner. You will not be able to use the phone till you do.

fundoo4u

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2014
All you can do is contact the previous owner. You will not be able to use the phone till you do.

I am unable to contact the owner, he seems to be disappeared.

I also checked with AT$T this phone is clean and not blocklisted. also i am not getting any loosed message.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I am unable to contact the owner, he seems to be disappeared.

I also checked with AT$T this phone is clean and not blocklisted. also i am not getting any loosed message.

Without the use rid and password you are stuffed. Hope you paid by PayPal and can get your money back.

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
Does anyone able to by pass this issue so far, or i am the only person ran into this issue.

Plenty of people have posted with this issue. Answer is the same for all of them. Only thing you can do is get the info from the seller. If you did pay by cc or paypal you should do. A chargeback as you can't use the phone

fundoo4u

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2014
Plenty of people have posted with this issue. Answer is the same for all of them. Only thing you can do is get the info from the seller. If you did pay by cc or paypal you should do. A chargeback as you can't use the phone

Does anyone able to bypass this problem? or any un-locker has this service?

I found one online seller clam that...they have service but asking 179$

http://www.att-iphone-unlock.com/service-remove-ios-7-activation-lock-find-iphone-feature/

anyone has any experience with this seller?

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
hi i just want to know is unlocking done for AT&T iPhone 5s these days? i heard from some one that AT&T server is closed now.

mike105

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2008
Are there any legit and relatively cheap services that allow us to unlock iPhone 5 ATT (IMEI based)?

rajavenkatesht

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2014
pls help me

I already Unlocked my iphone (Iphone 5 With ios 6.1.2)with gevey sim its working properly but now i want to update my ios with same gevey sim card is it possible

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.