Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012

shemlon

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2014
I have tried a ton of different wallets, my favorite so far is the TGT from here:

http://www.tightstore.com

I just received my Machine Era Wallet from here too, but I like the TGT better:

http://www.machine-era.com

If your interested in the Machine Era Wallet, let me know since I don't plan on using it I'll give you a great deal.

You still have the Machine Era Wallet? If so, I'd like to be the one to take it off your hands.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I recently bought this one

il_570xN.567989866_739y.jpg

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
image.jpg
I'm a lady. Here's my Louis Vuitton empreinte clemence wallet in Noir that I got back in March of 2015.

Last edited:

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
After a few different wallets I bit the bullet and bought a Ridge wallet, as most of the time i'm using apple pay I rarely if ever carry cash but need cards for membership cards, backup of apple pay debit and credit cards, my tesla 'key' etc

It's a lovely slim wallet and as i got the one with the money band rather than the clip it's quite strealined too! Definitely worth the cost!

Reactions: eyoungren

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG

Stopped using a bulky fold wallet about 4 years ago and never looked back.

I bought this Hammer Anvil wallet in Los Angeles. It can hold up to 8 cards and around 10 currency bills without any real increase in thickness. You can still carry more stuff if you don't mind it a bit bulkier. I love how well designed and durable its proving to be. Still looks and feels brand new.

An additional bonus is that it also blocks remote RFID scanning, which is always a good thing.

Reactions: circatee

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
After a few different wallets I bit the bullet and bought a Ridge wallet, as most of the time i'm using apple pay I rarely if ever carry cash but need cards for membership cards, backup of apple pay debit and credit cards, my tesla 'key' etc

It's a lovely slim wallet and as i got the one with the money band rather than the clip it's quite strealined too! Definitely worth the cost!

I would love to buy a Ridge Wallet. Love the look & feel so much. I just wish they'd make a version with a fully covered-up compartment for cash, like a regular wallet.

I'm just never comfortable with the idea of my cash hanging outside, either for prying eyes to notice or for them to be directly exposed to the elements + constantly rubbing up against fabric with regular use.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I would love to buy a Ridge Wallet. Love the look & feel so much. I just wish they'd make a version with a fully covered-up compartment for cash, like a regular wallet.

I'm just never comfortable with the idea of my cash hanging outside, either for prying eyes to notice or for them to be directly exposed to the elements + constantly rubbing up against fabric with regular use.
I was also woried about the possibility of losing cash but the band (haven't tried the clip version) has held the money in quite well, but I suppose in the UK all our notes are now 'plastic' notes so are a little more robust compared to paper notes. Prior to the ridge i had one of the generic wallets with the pop up cards via a button and a flap for notes attached - see here wallet it was OK but still a little bulky.

I also tried out the cheaper spigen version of the ridge - really not worth the money as the elastic broke within a few weeks but it at least demoed out the style which I have come to enjoy - if you are unsure you could try a knock off knowing the ridge will be better.

They also do a 'cavity tray' which fits inside the wallet, it's ususally for a random key or some coins BUT you could fit a few folded notes in?!?
image1.jpeg

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
iu

A recent convert to a 'slim' wallet and I will never go back to a bulky, folding, rear pocket wallet.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I was also woried about the possibility of losing cash but the band (haven't tried the clip version) has held the money in quite well, but I suppose in the UK all our notes are now 'plastic' notes so are a little more robust compared to paper notes. Prior to the ridge i had one of the generic wallets with the pop up cards via a button and a flap for notes attached - see here wallet it was OK but still a little bulky.

I also tried out the cheaper spigen version of the ridge - really not worth the money as the elastic broke within a few weeks but it at least demoed out the style which I have come to enjoy - if you are unsure you could try a knock off knowing the ridge will be better.

They also do a 'cavity tray' which fits inside the wallet, it's ususally for a random key or some coins BUT you could fit a few folded notes in?!?
View attachment 2035171
Mine, the Titanium Black.

I got it off eBay though, NIB, $92 with tax, versus the $110 the website wants for it.

2022-08-06 06.08.17.jpg 2022-08-06 06.08.28.jpg

Also got the cash strap. My wallet goes in a specific pocket which, because of it's location on my pants leg or shorts, sees compression and motion, particularly when driving. I didn't want a clip to flatten or catch on anything, nor did I want any movement to cause a clip to release my money. So, the cash strap.

If you fold your money so the denomination is hidden and then place it in the strap it also hides it pretty well. What I do as well is have the smallest bill that I have on the outside with any larger bills inside. Since I mostly use my cards/phone this typically means that the largest (and only bill) I carry is a $20 bill.

My wife liked my wallet enough that we ordered her one of the carbon ones directly from the site.

I do like the fact that the straps are parachute cord/straps. My wallet got soaked in soda accidentally at one point and for the first few days the cords were somewhat stiff (I did rinse things off) but they've since shrugged it off. Really durable wallet.

It's also forced me to decide just which cards are important to carry with me.

Reactions: Ingster

ThailandToo

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2022
might get some crap for this but its a very functional wallet. you can mix between the 3 inserts that comes with it or just use one of the inserts by itself if I need just the cards and ID.

4459734873_c9e61cb871.jpg
You know I have a LV duffel 55 in this same material. I just watched a YouTube review on it today and this isn’t leather but plastic. And I was like what the hell. So yes, the video bashed LV for using a plastic/rubber material to sell a $2400 bag. And sure didn’t make me feel any better about my bag. But at least it was a gift. Haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.