Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Hoping a kindly Mod can help me out here...I've reviewed the FAQ regarding user titles, but it goes only as far as 12000 posts and the G5 title. I'm curious to know what happens after that....I've just hit 13000 but am more curious than anything else....I've noticed folks with post counts around the same using the " Core" title.

Is that a rank, or does it relate to some form of moderation?

Thanks

Macman45

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hoping a kindly Mod can help me out here...I've reviewed the FAQ regarding user titles, but it goes only as far as 12000 posts and the G5 title. I'm curious to know what happens after that....I've just hit 13000 but am more curious than anything else....I've noticed folks with post counts around the same using the " Core" title.

Thanks

Macman45
Seeing as how the Intel Core line of CPU is what Apple transitioned to after IBM G5...

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

Thanks

Macman45

You still have a ways to go before getting to the next rank. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Makes sense, but it's not in the FAQ...logical though, but I can't recall ever seeing a member with G6. I'm currently at G5 anyway:)

G5 was the last PPC processor used, Apple went over to Intel after that. Plus I don't think IBM ever released a "G6"

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Agreed. The G5 was the last. I nearly had one too. My PA bought one over that had a dead DVD drive. I replaced it, explained about Tiger not really being all that useful in this day and age, but I Also told him it was a potential collectable. He paid me for the new DVD and took it back :((

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.