Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Why would someone waste their time making that?

Oh yeah, because macrumors would post it

cuda12

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2011
Miami, FL
Customers: We want a bigger screen.
Apple: We'll make it thinner!
C: No, we prefer better battery life.
A: No screen!

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
In 5 years time Samsung will release the 2.7" smart watch and then Apple will do the 2.9" iWatch and people will be screaming "my watch screen isn't big enough I can't even see it to do the things I need to do, this is ridiculous".

Eventually we'll have screens that wrap around the entire length of both of our arms and roll out into a 50" screen so we can everything and still people will complain its not big enough.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
I'm gonna get a piece of cardboard, wrap it with vinyl and etch some lines into it, build a website around it and #profit

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
What a waste of bandwidth. Seems MR will post any old crap these days as long as there's some tenuous link to the next iPhone etc.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
Why a protruded camera?

Even if the mock-up is wrong, the very idea of a protruding camera is a huge turn-off for me. No thanks; no sale.

I am considering buying a 5s to replace my 4 since the 6 looks to be bigger than the 5s. I like the size of my 4 and really don't want a larger screen. My 4 fits nicely in my pockets.

Larger screens = iPad territory.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I'm getting in line now.
Who's with me?

Who's.....with..me...........

D.

I'm...with you? I really want this bigger device. The ONE thing (repeat, ONE thing) I find myself envious of with Android is the selection of larger screen devices. Something I've been longing for for a while. The 4.7" just doesn't appeal to me. I want my next phone to be at least 1" bigger in size so the 5.5" is where I'd like to be at. Having said that though, I'm just looking forward to seeing what they announce and what these devices will actually look like. It's possible many of us won't see one in person before it arrives at our doors though.

craig1410

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2007
Scotland
I've bought an iPhone every 2 years since the iPhone 3G but unless the iPhone 6 is pretty close to the same physical size of my iPhone 5 then I'll be giving it a miss this time. I don't mind trading bezel size for screen size and increasing overall size by a few mm but no way would I want that monstrosity!

And the camera sticking out the back is just awful. I often use my phone while it is lying on my desk flat and having it rock back and forwards on a protruding lens would drive me nuts.

Fortunately I have every confidence that Apple will produce an iPhone 6 that I do want to buy and it won't look like this...

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
I, for one, will buy it

As a person with poor eyesight, a larger formatted phone is exactly what I need.
I was planning to jump to a Samsung s5 because

1. the fonts are too small on the ip5
2. the keyboard sucked on on 3, the 4 and the 5. Just too damned small resulting in numerous typ-os.
3. a better device to watch videos than the ip5

I sincerely hope Apple is catering to this market. A sizable portion of the population wants a larger phone, so hopefully, they are listening. And if its too big for you, well, just don't by it. But my guess is developers are chomping at the bit to have more landscape to use to for their apps. Regardless, like their other phones...even the 5C, Apple will sell a ton of them.

Last edited:

jasonklee

Suspended
Dec 7, 2007
I wonder how many fifth generation iPod users are disgruntled because of the protruding camera.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I can't believe MR and others are running with the idea that delays have caused a 5.5 inch model to release several months later.

No way in hell are they going to do that - they'll push it to next year's release.

sailmac

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
I'm not rooting for a device this large…

…but moving on, I wonder if the camera wart indicates a mounting system for external lens add-ons?

And I wonder about the small circular flash --- it's unlike the two-tone on the 5S.

Seeming more like an iPad Nano than an iPhone Pro.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Guess I will have to sell my ultra-tight crotch hugging' jeans to the second hand shop and buy a new wardrobe of painter's pants to be able to put that phone in my pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.