Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As design drawings and renderings of two larger iPhone 6 models have begun giving way to physical mockups based on those designs, a new photo of a high-quality physical mockup has been shared by Italian site Macitynet [Google Translate].

iphone_6_physical_mockup_macitynet.jpg
Few new details can be determined from the photo, but the relocated power button on the side of the device can be seen, and it is clearly a high-quality mockup given differing materials and colors used for various features such as the rear camera and flash. The size of the device is not given, but just based on the look in the hand it appears to be the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 rather than the even larger 5.5-5.7 inch version depicted in the less refined physical mockup from earlier today.

The latest mockup is reportedly the work of a case manufacturer, and Macitynet understands that mockups have been refined over a period of months. According to the source, the version shown in the photo is considered to be "final" for the purposes of ensuring case and accessory compatibility with the expected design of the iPhone 6.
In practice, this model would be made molds of the latest cases and tested the prototypes of the enclosures to verify their compatibility with the real iPhone 6. It is not uncommon that during the process of engineering accessories manufacturers are forced to progressively refine their plans, as they come, of course, under the table, information on the specifications of the phones. In practical terms, it was explained, in recent months there have been various "versions" experienced by manufacturers of accessories (and these were modeled and rendered drawings of the iPhone 6), but there is now confidence that this one located final.
The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 is reportedly scheduled to launch around the usual September timeframe, while the larger 5.5-inch is rumored to be arriving several months later.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Shown in Another High-Quality Physical Mockup

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
Why do they go through so much trouble making the mockups, and then take such crappy pictures of them lol? o_O

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Start getting used to the idea of a protruding camera. Not that it will affect you in the real world, at all, but you're likely to lose your mind over the concept....so start getting used to it.

Malbrute

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2013
I

I'm so sick of this name already. I know it makes no sense, but I hope they change the name to something like just iPhone, Or add a moniker at the end like air. The six and 6S is just getting stupid in my opinion. :p

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I have a hard time believing any mock up that has a round flash. I imagine the iPhone 6 will have a pill shaped dual flash just like the 5s...

Last edited:

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
They're trying to make iOS and iPhone just fade into the background making only the content in your hand... sooooo boring... I have no want to get a new phone now. This 4S will last me until it breaks then I will just buy a piece of **** android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.