Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

jpitunesmatch.png
Apple is expanding its iTunes Match service to Japan, according to a MacRumors tipster and the company's iTunes Match availability website. The service, which costs ¥3,980 per year, allows iTunes users to match their existing iTunes libraries with high quality versions of songs from Apple's iCloud. After matching, content is available in iCloud and can be accessed from any device. iTunes Match is $25 per year in the U.S and, at current exchange rates, the Japanese version costs roughly $39.

Japan was one of the few countries where Apple sold music but did not offer iTunes Match. Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden all gained iTunes Match last December, and Apple launched its iTunes Radio music streaming service in Australia in February.

Thanks @shigeyas!

Article Link: iTunes Match Expands to Japan

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
I was also just wondering, what with all the iTunes related expansions today, whether or not the UK will finally get iTunes Radio!

joekun

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Does this mean if I sign up for Match that my Japanese tracks will also get matched even if they aren't in the US store? Or only if I have a Japanese account?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
どうもありがとうございました!

ありがとう for 50% more expensive ? Thanks to Sony and other rights owners I assume.

I'm ... reduced excited

----------

Does this mean if I sign up for Match that my Japanese tracks will also get matched even if they aren't in the US store? Or only if I have a Japanese account?

To my understanding only in your home store ... In this case you would need an account for the Japan store.

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles

I have a bit of Jpop in my library, and my US iTunes Match account actually matched up the vast majority of it. I guess a lot of the Japanese labels sell in the US store too?

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
Yes, awesome news that it is finally here..but could have done without the price hike.

Like a0me said, at ¥2500 it is a no-brainer, for ¥4000.. not quite so good.

joshwenke

Suspended
Mar 26, 2011
If you'll notice, after the "Thanks @shigeyas!", MacRumors forgot to end the Italiac BB code! So all of the comments and the rest of the page are italicised :p

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
My gf will like this since I set her up with a US iTunes Radio account. She downloads music based on her daily additions to the iTunes Radio wish list and will be happy to know that she can stream everything from the cloud during her work breaks etc.

EDIT: Hold on a second. This isn't good. She's going to eat up all her BS "unlimited data" data in mere minutes.

Carriers must LOVE these kind of services.

Guess I won't be telling her about iTunes Match then :D

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
that's 28 to 25 euro which we pay here in Germany... Not too bad.

Yes, you are right of course. We are all happy...just a little disappointed is all.

It's kinda like someone has bought you the Star Wars trilogy on Blu-ray for your birthday, and you excitedly rip open the present to find it is the one with Jar Jar Binks..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.