Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to a new report from Taiwan's Industrial and Commercial Times (Google Translate, via Mac Otakara), Apple supplier Pegatron has received 15% of the orders for Apple's upcoming 4.7-inch iPhone 6 ahead of the device's launch this September. The report also notes that Pegatron will produce a total of 50 million iPhones this year, which includes iPhone 6, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 4S units.
iphone6.jpg
The report contrasts a story from Taiwan's Liberty Times in January, which stated that half of all iPhone 6 orders were expected to go to Pegatron. A report last month also noted that Foxconn was preparing for iPhone 6 production in the second quarter of this year at its new Kunshan, China plant, as the company has recruited new workers in China to meet the desired number of orders. In addition to Pegatron, fellow Apple supplier Foxconn is also likely to aide with production.

Last year, Apple shifted iPhone 5c production to Pegatron in order to improve supply chain risk management, allowing Apple to balance its supply chain and minimize the risk of potential supply chain disasters.

Apple is expected to launch the iPhone 6 in two different screen sizes of 4.7-inches and 5.5-inches. The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will likely ship ahead of the 5.5-inch version, as Apple attempts to solve issues with the latter's display and battery. Aside from a larger screen, Apple's next-generation iPhone is expected to include a thinner profile, a faster A8 processor, and an improved camera.

Article Link: Pegatron Reportedly Receives 15% of 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Orders Ahead of September Launch

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
so all rumours are true
4.7" and 5.5" will come to the market
4.7" same price and 5.5" with 100$ more

priyamsingh

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
Apple is doomed :p

----------

so all rumours are true
4.7" and 5.5" will come to the market
4.7" same price and 5.5" with 100$ more

If 4.7 is the same price and 5.5 $100 more that's reasonable. I'm not sure why people were so outraged that the's gonna be a $100 price increase.

Ericstephen

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2013
50 million iPhones is 15% of iPhone production? What do they expect to sell 300 million this year? I always thought they'd sell at least 80million this Christmas qtr. Maybe Apple is projecting 100 million.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I see NO round buttons ....

OMG !! it's not an iPhone without the *round buttons*. Apple's broke their way.

Tobias Funke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2012
50 million iPhones is 15% of iPhone production? What do they expect to sell 300 million this year? I always thought they'd sell at least 80million this Christmas qtr. Maybe Apple is projecting 100 million.

I read it as they are only making 15% of the total number of iPhone 6's.

In total they are making 50 million phones for Apple including 4s, 5c and 6.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
So what was the iPhone, the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3G s?

These HAD round buttons. this phone does not...

Just like to constantly reflect these *changes* that Apple's decided to make, since they've always been focused on big round things on the side of their phone..

Apple's not keeping my quiet about this one...

To me, when someone finally realizes something in order to make a phone *thinner* i always knew...... well, just lets say i like to make sure that I was the one who always knew this, and Apple actually did it :)

Gives me a good/warm fuzzy feeling inside

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.