Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poisonedsoup17

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
since you're frustrated you could use a small pin and gently prick the bubbles without scratching the touch. the protector might have extremely small holes but you'll have peace of mind

You're full of ****. That ****ed up my screen protector.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Get a PowerSupport AG. Easiest screen protector to get on because it's slightly thicker and therefore easier to get on.

friborgcr

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
What I do is use a small piece of cloth to push out the bubbles. It usually helps if you clean the screen first with the same cloth before applying the screen protector carefully, and you got to try a few times before getting it flat without a lot of bubbles. Lay it on a small bit at a time then use the small cloth to stick the protector on.

iamcool123

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2012
england
I KNOW.........:D:D:D:D:D drop the screen cover on top of the phone or whatever then allow it to fall under its own weight I AM GENUIS

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
I have stopped using screen protectors on both my Touch and iPhone. The glass on my iPhone still looks new after a year of being "unprotected". It shares the same space in my coat with keys, coins and other abrasive objects. I also think screen protectors diminish the screens picture quality.

Bad idea, I have use a screen protector from day 1 with my iPod touch 5th gen. About 8 months later the screen protector is really scratched up. Plus I bought an expensive military "HD" one that cost about $30 each. The screen quality is not degraded at all. You get what you pay for.

To the OP, it takes patience, I was able to get mine with not even one bubble, most of the time I don't even know if it's still on.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm rubbish at doing these. When I first got my nexus 7, none of the shops sold them so I was forced to fit my own and that was the only one I managed to get on any device without air bubbles. Now I just get the shop where I it from to fit if for me.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I use these:
Tech Armor Apple New iPod Touch (5th / Latest Generation) HD Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-Pack]
http://amzn.com/B008XV7VTG

I first line up the home button and curve on the corner. Then I make sure that the screen protector is parallel to the sides of the iPod touch. Then I check that the camera cut out is in line with the the front facing camera. Then I use a credit card to push down on the protector to the screen as I pulled bottom layer off. As I pull the bottom layer off I slide the card with it to get the least amount of bubbles possible.
Hope this helps.

Jonzjob

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Nr Carcassonne, South France
I put a Zagg full body protector on my Touch 2nd gen jobbie several years ago. It was no problem putting it on and even though it seemed to have a few small bubbles under it they disapeared when it all dried out. You put it on wet, they supply the pure water and a cerdit card size plastic applicator for fitting it too. OK, cost more than a lot of others but as said before you get what you pay for.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields/142

And! They give a lifetime guarantee ! What more can you ask for ??:cool::cool:

tqaasret

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2014
Hi, What I should buy Zagg or Tech Armor for my iPod? Any advice ? Tech Armor is only $7 , but is it good enough ?

alexander2020

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
Hi, What I should buy Zagg or Tech Armor for my iPod? Any advice ? Tech Armor is only $7 , but is it good enough ?

Hello. I had my reservations about screen protectors too; until someone suggested me to take a look at Gearmaxx screen protector in ebay. It's easy to install and it looks AWESOME on my screen. It feels great too. I purchased it on ebay and it's definitely worth the investment. I suggest you give it a try. And yes, the shipping is free. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-iPod-..._Player_Screen_Protectors&hash=item2a3146a174

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I use this:
Tech Armor Apple New iPod Touch (5th / Latest Generation) HD Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-Pack] http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XV7VTG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_ziCHtb0M1BW40
There is no such thing as a screen protector that is easy to install in my experiences. I use tech armor because if I run out I can ask for replacements, for a lifetime:) excellent customer satisfaction and support.

markbravo2014

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2014
Just got a new 2g touch at Costco then i went to best buy to see if they have any new cases and well they did. So i bought a iclear and it came with a screen protector but when i put it on it had all these air bubbles. So should i peel it off and try again or is it too late? Also what is the right way to put it on?

There are some screen protectors out there that are really easy to apply. you should either pay an expert to install the one you have already purchased or choose your screen shield wisely the next time. I got a screen protector from ebay and it was really easy to install (No pins or Credit cards were involved). The surface looks really good too. The brand's name is "Gearmaxx". Here is an ebay link for you!! :) http://stores.ebay.com/GEARMAXX

david91

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
You could take it off and reapply. It shouldn't have bubbles. As far as I know, screen protectors can be peeled off easily so you shouldn't worry much about it.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I bought a glass screen protector for my new iPod touch. I thought I'd give it a go myself before going to the store. Well I've managed to fit it perfectly. I think the glass screen protectors are much easier to fit. All you do is line it up and place it on the screen. No bubbles ar all.

LarsHarner

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2015
I purchased from Amazon the I flash 3pack (link below) it is tempered glass. I found that I lined the home button up first, then gradually applied it where the selfie camera hole was (I am very close to the edge, not 100% centered but not really using facing camera) and then I did have to lift it up a few times to clear the air or dry it out.

I did clean the screen with the alcohol wipe and cloth before hand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3QF16EH69HELL

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
I purchased from Amazon the I flash 3pack (link below) it is tempered glass. I found that I lined the home button up first, then gradually applied it where the selfie camera hole was (I am very close to the edge, not 100% centered but not really using facing camera) and then I did have to lift it up a few times to clear the air or dry it out.

I did clean the screen with the alcohol wipe and cloth before hand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3QF16EH69HELL

I also ordered the iFlash glass protectors for the 5th Gen touch. Application was very easy, all I had to do was follow the included insteuctions. And at $10 for 3 high quality GLASS protectors, I almost crapped myself. I have paid more for plastic screen protectors.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Any half decent screen protector should be a cinch to apply. Mainly because they should be less prone to bubbles and more forgiving if you need to reapply.

My process:
> Clean the screen thoroughly
> use a sticker/piece of tape and quickly dab it across the surface to remove dust etc
> remove protective backing from screen protector and place hands on top/bottom (not sides)
> pinch lightly so the middle bends downwards and align with camera/home button
> drop.
> check for particles that might have caused bubbles
> use a piece of tape to lightly pull up corner of film and use another to nab the stray piece of dust from either the surface OR the reverse of the screen protector.
> drop again
> smooth out with either a card or soft cloth by pushing trapped air towards the closest edge of the device.

I had to do them at work. After a few dozen you get it down to a science.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Any half decent screen protector should be a cinch to apply. Mainly because they should be less prone to bubbles and more forgiving if you need to reapply.

My process:
> Clean the screen thoroughly
> use a sticker/piece of tape and quickly dab it across the surface to remove dust etc
> remove protective backing from screen protector and place hands on top/bottom (not sides)
> pinch lightly so the middle bends downwards and align with camera/home button
> drop.
> check for particles that might have caused bubbles
> use a piece of tape to lightly pull up corner of film and use another to nab the stray piece of dust from either the surface OR the reverse of the screen protector.
> drop again
> smooth out with either a card or soft cloth by pushing trapped air towards the closest edge of the device.

I had to do them at work. After a few dozen you get it down to a science.
My same method as well. Works great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.