Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

new2AppleStuff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Does anyone know what the little phone with an arrow pointing to the right means? It is between the Carrier and the Network(i.e. 3G) icons.

I believe the attached a screen shot. Please have a look. Curiosity is killing me.

Regards

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 12,764

new2AppleStuff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Thanks, call forwarding was not on. However, I turned it on and entered a number in, then, turned it off and the icon went away. Thanks. I will try to duplicate and create a bug if needed.

soosy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2002
Thanks this thread helped me! The problem we had was the phone wasn't receiving calls. We would get a "number not in service" message when calling the phone... instead of even hearing the voicemail.

I briefly checked the phone settings but I don't recall seeing call forwarding on. I suspect my child somehow messed up the settings as my wife will let him play with the phone. I found this thread while on the phone with AT&T and they tried to turn my call forwarding off on their end and had me power up/down the phone several times. However, the icon didn't go away until I toggled call forwarding on/off myself.

juliajulia

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
Little phone with an arrow and no pics

Hi,
Since this little sign with the little phone with an arrow started to pop on to my screen I cannot take pictures. When I acesd the camera it will go to the right place but the lenses won't open!!! Its really annoying! Can it be related?? I had previosly a similar problem before when it would take long for the camra to open but it never persisted that long! PLEASE HELP!!thanks

soosy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2002
Hi,
Since this little sign with the little phone with an arrow started to pop on to my screen I cannot take pictures. When I acesd the camera it will go to the right place but the lenses won't open!!! Its really annoying! Can it be related?? I had previosly a similar problem before when it would take long for the camra to open but it never persisted that long! PLEASE HELP!!thanks

Did you go into Settings->Phone and turn on/off call forwarding? Did that make the icon disappear?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Hi,

Did you go into Settings->Phone and turn on/off call forwarding? Did that make the icon disappear?

Her problem has nothing to do with the icon. I'd say restore the phone to fix it, unless your camera is not working, in which case you're SOL. Have you dropped the phone or got water in it?

F33dbakk

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Thanks that worked, the symbol literally popped up out of nowhere I turned the phone off and on again and at some point it appeared. Silly.

JACC

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
Phone with arrow icon fix

I had the same problem. My iPhone 4 broke so I had to go back to my old 3G. For anyone with this problem, all I did was go to settings/phone/call forwarding. Wait until it loads and the Icon should be gone. I did not change anything. Just by clicking on the call forwarding icon it corrected the issue.

defeatest

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
The icon came on my phone when I changed my ringtone from the standard to 30 seconds for some reason but forwarding was not on and I did the same as above put in a number and put off again, icon go bye bye

sefco

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2014
Phone with right pointing arrow

Guys this is a symbol letting you know your phone has data going out.
how many of you are criminals?
Its not the phone doing this its your sim card activated by your provider change your phone put it in a new Iphone and it will show up the same thing every time you turn it on and off it will reappear after removing it.
the ones getting the phone number appear that is the line that is collecting all your info it will give you a out of service reply if you called it or a wrong number.
how do I know this to be the case firstly you should be pressing *#61# to view the interceptor number or *#21# to deactivate the data leak
normally its the microphone active and been transferred through the data of the phone
or you can be a dope and have diversion active on your sim and not realised it

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Guys this is a symbol letting you know your phone has data going out.
how many of you are criminals?
Its not the phone doing this its your sim card activated by your provider change your phone put it in a new Iphone and it will show up the same thing every time you turn it on and off it will reappear after removing it.
the ones getting the phone number appear that is the line that is collecting all your info it will give you a out of service reply if you called it or a wrong number.
how do I know this to be the case firstly you should be pressing *#61# to view the interceptor number or *#21# to deactivate the data leak
normally its the microphone active and been transferred through the data of the phone
or you can be a dope and have diversion active on your sim and not realised it
This has been settled a whole back already--it's just call forwarding.

MyFeetAreCold

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
This has been settled a whole back already--it's just call forwarding.
This started happening on my phone this morning 30/09/2015
The phone did not have call forwarding set to on, nor was there a number in it.
Like the other poster, I input a number, then turned it off and the icon disappeared.

I checked where the data was going to, as per Sefco's instructions, and it was showing it was going to my voicemail number.

It is a tad strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.