Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Several comparison photos and videos have already depicted physical iPhone 6 mockups next to a range of devices, including the iPhone 5s, but a new video from Macitynet has a highly detailed comparison of a good quality iPhone 6 mockup next to Apple's iPhone 5s, demonstrating all of the prospective design differences from multiple angles.

As can be seen in the video, the iPhone 6 mockup appears to be much thinner than the iPhone 5s. Based on design drawings, the mockup measures in at 7mm thick, while the iPhone 5s is a good bit thicker at 7.6mm. It is, of course, taller and wider as well, due to the larger 4.7-inch display.

The mockup also has iPod touch-style curved edges, which contrast the distinct corners of the iPhone 5s, and it has also adopted the microphone holes and the rectangular volume buttons of the iPod touch. Rumors have suggested the iPhone 6 could include a repositioned sleep/wake button on the right side of the device, which is also visible on the mockup. There's also a redesigned circular flash that replaces the pill-shaped flash of the iPhone 5s, which suggests the possibility that Apple has found a way to combine its existing dual-LED True Tone flash into a single LED.

In addition to today's video, various images and videos have depicted iPhone 6 mockups compared to a several other devices, including Apple's iPod touch and the Samsung Galaxy S5, giving us an idea of what Apple's 4.7-inch device might look like when it is released. Printable 3D plans have also been made available, allowing users to 3D print their own 4.7 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 mockups.

It is important to note that all of the mockups that we've seen have largely been based on the same set of design drawings published in a March issue of Japanese magazine MacFan and it remains unclear whether those schematics are representative of the true design of the iPhone 6.

Apple is expected to launch the 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 in the fall, possibly as early as September. A larger 5.5-inch version may follow a few months later, debuting at the end of the year or in early 2015. Rumors have suggested the devices will include an upgraded processor and an improved camera, in addition to a fully redesigned body.

Article Link: Detailed iPhone 6 Mockup Compared to iPhone 5s in New Video

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Can't wait to buy one this year! It's going to be so funny though if the actual product is totally different. :D

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Make it stop. I just want this to stop.

Is our society that much into conspicuous consumption?

Suspended
Feb 24, 2006
MockupRumors is alive and kicking!

But seriously, for reals, how many of these mockups are news?

0. None. Zilch.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Hey MR,

Do you get the idea that we are done with mocked up iPhone6 info or repeating the
same stuff with different words?

Only thing left to do is waiting for the real thing(s) to come out.

Manzzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Enough of the 4.7" That's the boring barely any difference change.

Someone needs to make a 5.5" of these samples.

triphoniallc

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Yay

Awesome! I love seeing the same article posted once a day! Just in case you missed it the other past 3 weeks :rolleyes:

jumanji

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2003
Austin, TX
i like it but i'm going to agree with several past comments. don't worry about making it so damn thin. i, and many others would rather have better battery life than the thinnest phone possible.

mrmills

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2014
Imagine..

Imagine the amount of time and effort these people waste producing 'best-guess' mockups of something that will be here in the near future... They could probably have designed some fancy (original) gadget themselves by now. :confused:

ZildjianLudwig

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Can you just let us know when there's a mockup that isn't based on the same specs as the last 20 mockups?

Thaaaaanks.

ineedamac

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
What is so wrong with being surprised and letting Apple showcase the new iPhone instead of all these rumors? It seems like we have already seen the next iPhone by the time it is announced.

Derekeys

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I'm really hoping that if a bigger phone is in the future, that they do more with the extra real estate than just give us another row. I know widgets annoy some people but I enjoy very much having current weather be the first thing I see when opening my jailbroken 5s.

Also, I really hope Apple is just laughing at all the drama created from rumors. All these people angry at an unannounced phone that is "delayed", or frustrations at a price increase, *sigh.

Carmenia83

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
tumblr_m7gqfn5yyZ1rnujgp.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.